Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wine and headaches

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:56 AM
  • 5 Replies

What is it about wine that gives some people headaches, and some get off scott free. I know that it is the sulphites, but is it really necessary to add them? I realize that over time it would make the wine turn to vinegar, but couldn't we just drink the wine quickly? Yes, I do realize some like their wine aged, so this does not apply to them.

Really just curiosity here, and is there a wine that does not contain sulphites?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Pooperisfull
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM

BUMP!

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM

I think there are only low sulphite wines. google and look for merchants who sell it. I don't think there are sulphite free wines though.

Pooperisfull
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I think I may go into the wine business, invest in sulphite free wine. I do not drink often, but I do enjoy an occasional glass of win. I just do not enjoy the headache, apparently I am having some kind of allergic reaction.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

I think there are only low sulphite wines. google and look for merchants who sell it. I don't think there are sulphite free wines though.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM

There is no such thing as a wine free of sulphites, but there are those that are low, under 50ppm, which should reduce your allergic reaction/headache.

Pooperisfull
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM

That is what I have found in my research as well, which is why I would love to start making wine with no sulphites. It is possible, you just have to sell it and drink it quickly, ergo it would have to be a small operation.

Hmmm something to look into.

Quoting bamababe1975:

There is no such thing as a wine free of sulphites, but there are those that are low, under 50ppm, which should reduce your allergic reaction/headache.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)