Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Chesty" Puller -- Marine related---edit i got pics :)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:09 AM
  • 15 Replies
4 moms liked this

tomorrow is the Birthday of the Marine Corps ( November 10, 1775 tuns tavern ) and the Marines here are running a 4 mile formation to Chesty Puller's grave. For those that don't know Chesty is like the poster child...the most decorated Marine , the only Marine to get 5 navy crosses, and is the guy that a LOT of them look up to. When my husband found out they were running he got very very excited so I'm going along to take photos of the whole thing. once they run they are going to sing the Marine Corps Hymn and toast over the grave site!  :) i cant wait to take pics...this is def a special occasion and i cant wait to capture it on film :D 

edit to add pics from today!!!----

these are of the grave

the older gentleman above with the hat on is a Korean Vet.  the guys went over and shook his hand and thanked him after they did the prayer and toast over the grave.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennyCaps
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM
Dh is a Marine and loves to quote Chesty :) that's awesome you get to be there ofr that!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:16 AM

mine has a picture of him above his office door. when he told me this morning i was like ' annnnd why have we been to the marine corps museum twice but not to his grave yet? ' he said ' i had no clue he was buried here!! i know i suck but seriously I'm excited! ' lol. i feel lucky that i get to go and im sure ill have a lot of them requesting the pics sent to them as well

Quoting JennyCaps:

Dh is a Marine and loves to quote Chesty :) that's awesome you get to be there ofr that!!

Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:16 AM

My husband is an ex marine and would love this. Where do they do this?

cypris420
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I kinda thought this was gonna be a dirty post.  I feel dumb.  >.<

.Pagan.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM

the Marines here at Fort Lee VA do a relay run the 63 miles there and then there is a formation run the last 4 miles. the grave site is located in Saluda VA. Here is a link and a pic from past runs.

http://www.ftleetraveller.com/collection_974c6094-f42e-11df-9cb8-001cc4c03286.html/?mode=gallery

test4Chesty Puller Run

they run right down the middle of the road through this town.

Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

My husband is an ex marine and would love this. Where do they do this?

.Pagan.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM

HA! pervy ;P

Quoting cypris420:

I kinda thought this was gonna be a dirty post.  I feel dumb.  >.<

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Have fun!!

VLC71037
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:46 PM

My Son a PFC at Fort Lee ran the Chesty Puller Run today.  

usmc.momma
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:48 PM
Lol... We used to have a fish named Chesty!! I accidentally killed him and DH and his buddies threw a fit because I killed "Chesty Puller"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:49 PM

oh really? well chances are i got a pic of him...look through what I'm about to post and see :)

Quoting VLC71037:

My Son a PFC at Fort Lee ran the Chesty Puller Run today.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)