• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else cell-phone-less? Or does everyone have them now?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM
  • 37 Replies

I don't have a cell phone, and neither does my husband. We've never had them. We're not "old people"- we're almost 30 years old.

It's not a money thing- now, I don't know how much they cost or anything, but I assume we could afford to have cell phones if we wanted to.

I just don't want one. When I'm out and about, I don't want people calling and bugging me. They can call my house and leave a message on the answering machine, and I'll call back if and when it suits me. That works for me.

I also notice that phones make people boring. They have their noses stuck in the phone all the time, texting and doing stupid phone stuff. When I was working as a bartender, half the customers would be sitting there, not talking, staring at their phones. Once upon a time, we'd all have been chatting and having a good time- in real life, not electronically.

I just can't ever see myself desiring a cell phone. Is there anyone else intentionally cell-phone-less, or am I a big weirdo?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArianasMama2007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:12 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm replying to your post from my cellphone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:13 AM
I'm not with you. I love my iPhone. I have had a cell since 2001.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quebecer
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Can you even read the site, though? Isn't it all teeny-tiny and hard to see?

Islandmom2boys
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM
Phones do make people boring, we have cell phones. And most days I hate it. I turn it off so people don't bother me and everyone freaks out, wondering if I'm ok.

It's crazy how dependent we have become on all this new technology.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArianasMama2007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM
No its regular size

Quoting quebecer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poohlover515
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:16 AM

If you ask my 10 yr old, she thinks EVERYONE has cell phones, well everyone EXCEPT her...LOL!! And she is the only one in my house that doesn't have one. Me, DH, DD, and DS all have cell phones.

Stormy6669
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I don't. Well I do, but I never have minutes on it unless I am in the hospital or going out of town. Otherwise, I don't have one. I love not having one! DH does but it is a work phone. We don't pay for it. Nor would we pay for one.

jlm2676
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM
(replying from my cell phone). No the text is not tiny. the screen on my DROID is the same size as the phone.

Quoting quebecer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reese1206
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM
We have them. We don't have our noses shoved on them when we are out and about. That bothers me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
northernmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM

we don't have cell phones and probably won't be getting them for at least 2 years

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)