Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I did the Chi Enviro Ultimate Blowout on the front of my dd's crazy hair.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:20 AM
  • 10 Replies

My daughter has always had crazy hair in front. There's a really tight corkscrew curl right next to a streight piece, and it goes in five different directions, and it's very frizzy. Every time I'd fix her hair, five minutes later it would look like she slept on it. It's  a little better if I put gel on it, but still kind of out of control.

I'm a hairdresser, and our salon has just started doing the Chi Enviro Ultimate Blowout, which is like the Brazillian Blowout, except it doesn't release toxic fumes like the Brazilian Blowout does. This costs about 600$ for someone with long hair like my dd has. However, since I'm a hairdresser and since we had a little bit of leftover solution from another treatment that a customer had, I was able to do it myself on the whole front part of Lizzy's hair at the salon! I took a big pie shaped section and just did the front part, which is the only part of her hair that tends to be crazy, anyway. It looks SO much better, and will stay so much better when I fix it now, although I can't do anything to it for the next week except comb it.

She can't have any clips, headbands or anything in her hair or shampoo it for a week. I have a before and after pic. The before is one of those times I had tried to fix it and it was fighting for freedom, lol.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.mysweetmelissa
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM

I had a Keratin Treatment done in August, I love it :)

loisl25
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM

My sister had that done, and she loves it too! :D The only bad thing is some people have breathing troubles during and right after that because when the flat iron goes over the solution covered hair it releases formaldehyde into the air. Some salons are having the customer and the hairdresser use a gas mask when they do it!

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

.mysweetmelissa
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM

The Keratin Treatment?  There wasn't anything released when I had mine done.  I know with the Brazilian there is a formaldehyde released, but not with Keratin.  There wasn't even a smell to it really, except a nice, light salon shampoo kind of smell. 

Quoting loisl25:

My sister had that done, and she loves it too! :D The only bad thing is some people have breathing troubles during and right after that because when the flat iron goes over the solution covered hair it releases formaldehyde into the air. Some salons are having the customer and the hairdresser use a gas mask when they do it!

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

loisl25
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I thought it was called the Brazillian Keratin Treatment and you meant the same thing? I'm not sure if that's the same thing or not, cuz we only do the Chi Enviro one at our salon. I'm glad it didn't smell bad  or mess with your breathing, though. :)

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

The Keratin Treatment?  There wasn't anything released when I had mine done.  I know with the Brazilian there is a formaldehyde released, but not with Keratin.  There wasn't even a smell to it really, except a nice, light salon shampoo kind of smell. 

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

.mysweetmelissa
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:14 AM

No, they're different.  The Brazilian (as it was explained to me) is the one that tends to release chemicals.  It lasts about a month, and you can wash your hair immediately.  The Keratin I had done is natural, actually not just for straightening, it's a therapy treatment.  You can't wash for 3 days and it lasts up to 3-4 months depending on care.  There was actually a woman there getting it done as well.  Her hair wasn't in need of straightening, but in need of intensive therapy.  The Keratin treatment repairs hair as well as helps us with curly hair, keep it calmer.

Quoting loisl25:

I thought it was called the Brazillian Keratin Treatment and you meant the same thing? I'm not sure if that's the same thing or not, cuz we only do the Chi Enviro one at our salon. I'm glad it didn't smell bad  or mess with your breathing, though. :)

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Cake.Lady
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM
I thought they were both Brazilian blowouts? Lol! One releases formaldehyde and the keratin one doesn't? But, they are both Brazilian blowouts.

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

No, they're different.  The Brazilian (as it was explained to me) is the one that tends to release chemicals.  It lasts about a month, and you can wash your hair immediately.  The Keratin I had done is natural, actually not just for straightening, it's a therapy treatment.  You can't wash for 3 days and it lasts up to 3-4 months depending on care.  There was actually a woman there getting it done as well.  Her hair wasn't in need of straightening, but in need of intensive therapy.  The Keratin treatment repairs hair as well as helps us with curly hair, keep it calmer.

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loisl25
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Oh cool! The one I did on my dd lasts four months, too. It's good that it's good for your hair! I know so many chemical treatments aren't. :)

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

.mysweetmelissa
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Not according to my stylist.

Quoting Cake.Lady:

I thought they were both Brazilian blowouts? Lol! One releases formaldehyde and the keratin one doesn't? But, they are both Brazilian blowouts.

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loisl25
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM

LOL! I'm confused! I only bother to learn about the services we actually offer at my salon. :p

Quoting Cake.Lady:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Cake.Lady
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Huh. Idk. I was thinking about getting one, and my stylist told me about the controversy over the chemicals, so I read a couple of online articles, and that's what the articles said.

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Not according to my stylist.

Quoting Cake.Lady:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)