Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Putting Kids in the Dryer?! :/

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM
  • 13 Replies

Okay my MIL to be and SIL to be are friends with the girl on Facebook..SIL and her are friends when it's most convienient for them or what have you and that's when they re'add each other as friends.. but MIL to be has always remained her 'friend' regardless of the fact that they don't speak. Well, just the other day the girl makes a status update about her son..It read..

Mommy: Jace if you don't listen I'm going to put you in the dryer

Jace: Mommy I don't like the dryer it hurts my head..

Mommy: You used to love it..

She then started getting several comments saying you put your kids in the dryer etc..to which she replies back with. Yes, I do but only for a couple of spins and I tossed in a pillow so they don't bump thier heads..not to mention, I put it on low heat and only left them like I said for a couple of spins..My parents did it to us and we loved it so I'm trying to get my kids to like it..

Heres my issue with this..

What if her older son decided to put his yunger brother iin they dryer not knowing to turn down heat etc..what if they put a friend in the dryer..I want to contact CPS but I do not know this lady. I've met her a few times but I by no means KNOW her. Our entire family is at shock that someone would put their child in the dryer for anyreason..it's NOT ventalated and he could get seriously hurt...it's abuse no matter how you put it..SMH.

What would you do?

And for those that say this is fake it's definatly NOT fake..This is serious and I need to know what to do because I need to do something..However, I know nothing about this lady let along where she lieves..

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I am continually amazed at the stupidity of parents...not sure what you should do, but that's just wrong

KeepOnWalking
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

It's definatley wrong..the child hates the dryer and I don't blame him..both of her sons have medical issues and it sickens me to know that people actually do this!

Quoting km1970:

I am continually amazed at the stupidity of parents...not sure what you should do, but that's just wrong

poohlover515
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

OKAY, not sure what kind a dryer she has, but MOST of them have a saftey feature that will not let them spin in the weight is too heavy! IJS!

KeepOnWalking
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM

She has and older style apparently because some one else made the same comment about the weight and she said it's okay that's why she uses older dryers..smh. She's crazy

Quoting poohlover515:

OKAY, not sure what kind a dryer she has, but MOST of them have a saftey feature that will not let them spin in the weight is too heavy! IJS!

poohlover515
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Oh wow!!! You know, I'd report her! Even if you dont technically know her, she's still putting a child in danger. And I'd let whoever you talk to know about the FB posts, maybe they can start there.

Quoting KeepOnWalking:

She has and older style apparently because some one else made the same comment about the weight and she said it's okay that's why she uses older dryers..smh. She's crazy

Quoting poohlover515:

KeepOnWalking
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM

My MIL to be took a screan shot of the post and conversations and saved it to her computer..I'm thinking about contacting the polise and letting them know..

Quoting poohlover515:

Oh wow!!! You know, I'd report her! Even if you dont technically know her, she's still putting a child in danger. And I'd let whoever you talk to know about the FB posts, maybe they can start there.

Quoting KeepOnWalking:

Quoting poohlover515:

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

wtf? who in their right mind would do that? we got in trouble as kids for playing in them. never did my parents turn them on and let us go for a spin! I would contact cps too. God forbid something goes wrong. dumbass ppl shouldn't be allowed to breed. 

Survivor6388
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I put my sister in one (my brothers were threatening to beat me up) and when Mom found out I couldn't sit down right for a week... then when my stepdad found out I got the belt....

Kailee just did the same thing a couple of days ago (put Josh in it) and I will admit she got spanked and exiled to her room for a while.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

wtf? who in their right mind would do that? we got in trouble as kids for playing in them. never did my parents turn them on and let us go for a spin! I would contact cps too. God forbid something goes wrong. dumbass ppl shouldn't be allowed to breed. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Survivor6388
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Amd yes, I would report her.

PookaboosMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM

That's crazy.   My dd used to try to crawl in the dryer when she was smaller and I put a stop to that right away.  I don't want her thinking it's something that is okay for fear she get herself trapped in one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)