Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idk what to do :( DS school related advice please

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM
  • 6 Replies
I left my husband Sunday and have moved back to my hometown. Problem is I can stay with mom in one town, or stay with sis in the town right next to her and get on the housing list and my own place faster than if I stay at moms. Here's some info...mom has a 2br tiny place with her, my stepdad, and my lil sis. Middle sis lives in a 3bd apt that's pretty big with her 2 DD's who sleep in one room and the newborn in her room with her and her DH. She has an extra bedroom I can use for me and my kids until a housing apartment comes available while in searching for a job. Here's the school dilemma, both school districts offer the same program my son was in before but, mom has positive feedback from a friend who's son is in the same program in her town and we don't know anybody with an autistic child in the school district my sis lives in. Idk what to do, I'm torn between stay with mom in her tiny cramped place and put him in that school, where the housing list is longer or do I stay with sis and put him in the other school district where he will receive the same help and the housing list is shorter? *sigh* I've been thinking for 2 days now and can't decide which is best. I'm stressing bad with all this cause I just want what's best for my children and I so I can provide for them properly. Any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mena929
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM

stay with your sister.

crysnjosh
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM
That's what I was thinking but I don't wanna hurt moms feelings or cause a fight :( everything with DS has always been a fight with mom cause she thinks she knows better than me. I didn't want to go on housing but when I was with DH I was a sahm and left with no money or anything so I have no choice right now if I want a place for my children and I to call out own

Quoting Mena929:

stay with your sister.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crysnjosh
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Stay with your sister
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mena929
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM

You have to do what you think is right for you and your DS. Your mom will get over her hurt feelings, I would hope.

Quoting crysnjosh:

That's what I was thinking but I don't wanna hurt moms feelings or cause a fight :( everything with DS has always been a fight with mom cause she thinks she knows better than me. I didn't want to go on housing but when I was with DH I was a sahm and left with no money or anything so I have no choice right now if I want a place for my children and I to call out own

Quoting Mena929:

stay with your sister.

Samanthamommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I would stay with your sister. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)