• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dr. phil discusses the judge who beat his daughter with a belt on today's show

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am watching it and i have seen the video.

Apparently the daughter "had enough" when her father started refusing to pay for things like her car, ect. the father claims she told him he will regret it; and she says she didn't say that..she just reminded him she had the tape. Shortly after this fight; she uploaded the tape.

i think the beating was very cruel and he should face something for what he did, but I wonder if there is way more to this story, I amnot saying they did something to deserve the abuse but something about their reasons for releasing the tape...something about her and her mother are just not sitting right with me.

Like dr.phil asked when it first came on. why youtube?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mackQuin
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM

anyone else watch it?

mamivon2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:51 AM

dr phil is not on till 3pm here

mackQuin
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:01 AM

it was interesting.

I guess the mother has slapped her in the face before and thrown her aganist the wall and the father has pulled the mother off her in the past, but they ( the daughter and mom) claim its not the  mothers fault because she was under a lot of pressure to dicipline the way the dad wanted it.

she said she only put it up on youtube for a few people to see it and for her dad to say OMG i am so sorry. she says she never intended for it to get blown up like this.

yet. A lot of videos go viral on youtube..i just think her reasons for doing it are complete BS she is lying about something. At least, that is the vibe i got.

mackQuin
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM

anyone else watch it?

Randi02
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

No.

It's only 10:30 here right now.

Abuse is abuse, it doesn't matter what his reasoning was or if she had motives for releasing the tape. He still beat her with a belt.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/217757_10150157416258437_511583436_6753612_8018959_n.jpg

i.heart.nerds
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I really couldn't care less why the tape was released. It could be anger, revenge or anything and I wouldn't care. The fact that the tape exists, that the father and mother did that to their daughter, that is all I care about.
It says a lot about society that this guy can get the focus off of him and place the blame on his daughter.

momof52011
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I don't care what the story was, he should never ever have abused his child like that BUT what doesn't sit right with me is the mom claiming it wasn't her fault and that she was pressured into it. Absolutely rubbish I say, she has a mind of her own doesn't she? I wouldn't beat my kids if my husband "pressured" me, so that's absolute crap.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sheryllinn
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:32 PM

i think they screwed that girl up in the head by being terrible parents. No wonder she is off. 

Lishes
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Doesn't matter. That guy was completely out of control and abusing his daughter.

bubbasmom0917
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM

i think she should have came forward when it happened and not years later. she probably didn't get what she wanted and wanted to punish lil ole daddy, so she posted it. something should have happened to him when it first happened and not now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)