• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey pro-lifers: would you be willing to pay my bills?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM
  • 60 Replies
Ok here's the thing- my body does NOT handle pregnancy well. I lost a pregnancy at 8 weeks, my son at 24 weeks, and thank god for tricare because my daughter cost nearly a million dollars from conception to birth. My ob flat out said "many women thrive during pregnancy. You do not."

If I were to get pregnant right now I would immediately be placed on bed rest, would have to give up my job, Would not be able to care fOr my dd, or clean my house, take care of my dogs, etc. my so would do what he could around the house, but he works full time.
Here's my bills:

Rent 775
Utilities 300
Phones (both mine and so) 170
Car 455
Insurance 115
Student loans 500
Other debts 250

Food is normally about 160 a month for the three of us but so wouldn't have the time to cook and shop the way I do, we'd resort to less healthy convenience foods and our grocery cost would probably jump to 300.

My so brings home about 600 every two weeks after taxes and child support for dss.

Do the math.

I would have No choice but to get on welfare, i would gain too much weight for lack of exercise, and there's no guarantee that my pregnancy would come to term anyway.

Plus, my job may or may not be waiting for me when I was ready to return. Which would mean Id remain on welfare till I could find something else.

I would LOVE to have another baby. But I know what would happen, so we're waiting until we have paid off all our debts and socked away at least a years works of living expenses. We're getting there, hopefully by mid summer we will be ready to ttc.

But in the meantime- if my bc failed and I got pregnant, I would abort. Unless of course, one or more of you ladies would be willing to step up and pay my bills for me, in the name of Saving the hypothetical innocent clump of cells in my uterus,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orcadarwin
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Your situation would fall under the medically necessary.  

supermomma21
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:16 AM
I would think so too, but I've been told otherwise by many.

Quoting orcadarwin:

Your situation would fall under the medically necessary.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michellina11234
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:16 AM

wow...it's all I got!

MommyCulp4
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM
9 moms liked this
No I wouldn't. I'd say if you wait til you are ready for a child you won't have one. Aborting because of bills is a horrible excuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this

If pregnancy is that bad on you, and you getting pregnant means someone else would have to pay your bills, why dont you just get your tubes tied?

supermomma21
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Why would I get my tubes tied when I want another baby eventually? I never said anything about using it as birth control- my BIRTH CONTROL is my birth control- while we save and plan to expand our family. Would you feel better about if if I just became a welfare case instead?

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Just don't have sex. LOL

Vixcalamity
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you mental? No, I wouldn't pay your bills. That is a dumb question. I tried for years to get pregnant. I footed the bills to figure out what was wrong. I personally think you are being ridiculous. You deal with things how you see fit. No one has to like it. All your doing is starting more drama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ISAIAHMOM632007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this

personnal responabilty. You know you cant handle a pregancy then get your tube tied or some effective birth control . Your argument makes no sense.

ISAIAHMOM632007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this

If you cant handle a pregnancy nor the fact that you will be on bed rest that is your personal responabilty to get a effective method of bc. Its soooo funny most bc are 99, added a condom in there you should be good. Use 2 methods and a condom  a tube tubed, and spermicide and if you still get pregnant then it was just meant to be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)