• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EXTREME COUPONING!!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM
  • 10 Replies

Extreme couponing, or I'll even settle for useful couponing....

How do you do it?

What are your tips?

I don't wanna have to download the coupon printer bar things...

and I definitely don't wanna pay for a service, UNLESS it's really worth it lol

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylarand
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I coupon and I love doing it. I'm not as extreme as some people are on the show, but I have gotten a lot of things for free or very cheap. I'm working on getting a binder put together - IMO, that's the best way to organize your coupons. Just buy a sunday paper (or 2) if you don't want to print coupons online. I have found, however, that you can find a lot of good ones online that aren't available in the paper.

Jemmy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I usually get a Sunday paper and clip things I know we'll use/eat and try to match them with sales or when items go 10 for $10. I also use my store cards, too. Like MVP or the Giant card. I'm just getting decent at it but last week I saved $86.

Mamacruz13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Subscribe to your local newspaper or just make sure to pick up a copy of two every Sunday. When I coupon I only use them for things I know my family eats and use. Most coupons are for processed foods which I'm trying to get out of our house. I usually save 30-60 dollars in a shopping trip.

Also, compare your local grocery stores sales papers of the week. Some times it saves to make several stops at different stores. If you have a coupon for $1 off a can of pringles and walmart has them on sale for 99 cents when the other store you planned on going to is charging $1.05 a can, then you want to use that coupon at walmart.

amayabrianna
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:42 AM

The printer bars are a HUGE help when you get the right ones. Well actually mine isn't an actual bar, just something I had to DL to print the coupons. My BIGGEST help has been the forums on hotcouponworld.com and couponmom.com lists all the sales and matches them to coupons so you maximize your savings. 

A few weeks ago there were some $2/1 pack of schick razors. I traded for 40 of them. So I will use them on the packs that cost 1.97 and get 40 packs of razors FREE!!! :) Try those sites. Also if you want to add me on FB I can help some. I am not an expert by any means, but I can help with what I know. I don't get on here enough to check my messages. LOL

lilbitcrazed
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM

It is always a good idea to use coupons when you can. (I myself often clip them and then forget them at home) But, those extreme couponers on the show by the same name are just performing another form of hoarding. I don't understand why anyone would need hundreds of bars of deoderant, or boxes of bisquick taking up shelves in a basement or garage when they could be given away to those in need.

momma226911
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 3:13 PM

And some of the people on that show do donate some of the things that they get to homeless shelters. I just watched an episode this last week where a woman gave 700 plus toothbrushes plus a bunch of groceries to a place that helps pregnant teenagers. And you will think it is another form of hording when you loose your job and don't have the money to go out and get the soap, shampoo, and other toiletries you need and I will be in my house with my 100 bars of soap and not have to worry about how I am going to get clean. I also won't have to worry about what I am going to eat if a snow storm hits without warning and you haven't went grocery shopping yet. It is beneficial to some people to stockpile like they do. I know it is for me. I live to far away from towns that have grocery stores. Oh and if you have animals you do get coupons for animal food they may like to eat after you lose your job also. I think it is ridiculous for people to sit and talk about the people that coupon. I save hundreds of dollars every time I go shopping. I get multiple items for free, but I also don't get things that I won't use.

Quoting lilbitcrazed:

It is always a good idea to use coupons when you can. (I myself often clip them and then forget them at home) But, those extreme couponers on the show by the same name are just performing another form of hoarding. I don't understand why anyone would need hundreds of bars of deoderant, or boxes of bisquick taking up shelves in a basement or garage when they could be given away to those in need.

randomosityblog
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 3:21 PM

NEVER pay for a service. Try these two links for more info :)

http://randomosityblog.com/couponing-101

http://randomosityblog.com/salescycles

Numom61507
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 3:28 PM

I used to use a site that allowed you to put your store card numbers in and the coupon was on your card and subtracted at the register. It was great. I use the sunday paper and a coupon sorter I bought at the dollar store. I check online circs for sales on essentials and I am an avid Target grocery shopper. They take coupons..

luvinmy3babes
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Couponmom.com it tells you basically how to do everything! it matches coupons with sales in your area and shows you what you can get for free. It also organdies everything and tell you what coupons to clip and how to use them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coug7099
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 3:33 PM

I find the 2 red areas to be a bit contradictory. How Long will it take you to use 100 bars of soap? I use maybe 10 a year so that would be 10 years. Even if you used 20 that would be 5 years worth. I get why people do it but IMO 100 bars of soap is a bit too extreme.

Quoting momma226911:

And some of the people on that show do donate some of the things that they get to homeless shelters. I just watched an episode this last week where a woman gave 700 plus toothbrushes plus a bunch of groceries to a place that helps pregnant teenagers. And you will think it is another form of hording when you loose your job and don't have the money to go out and get the soap, shampoo, and other toiletries you need and I will be in my house with my 100 bars of soap and not have to worry about how I am going to get clean. I also won't have to worry about what I am going to eat if a snow storm hits without warning and you haven't went grocery shopping yet. It is beneficial to some people to stockpile like they do. I know it is for me. I live to far away from towns that have grocery stores. Oh and if you have animals you do get coupons for animal food they may like to eat after you lose your job also. I think it is ridiculous for people to sit and talk about the people that coupon. I save hundreds of dollars every time I go shopping. I get multiple items for free, but I also don't get things that I won't use.

Quoting lilbitcrazed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)