Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

irritated

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM
  • 10 Replies

I cant hear out of my right ear

this is so irritating and I dont know what do!!!!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM

go to the doctor.    seriously tho  I lost my  hearing a cpl years ago for close to 2 months due to untreated ear infections.  My hearing did come back but only at about 60 %  and I'm loosing my hearing again.   I'm back on antibiotics but its not  helping and I may end up needing surgery and its only about 60% chance it will fix my hearing.  All because of untreated ear infections.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Scary

Quoting Msgme:

go to the doctor.    seriously tho  I lost my  hearing a cpl years ago for close to 2 months due to untreated ear infections.  My hearing did come back but only at about 60 %  and I'm loosing my hearing again.   I'm back on antibiotics but its not  helping and I may end up needing surgery and its only about 60% chance it will fix my hearing.  All because of untreated ear infections.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM

The worst part was i didnt know I had an ear infection to begin with.   I do remember coming down with something and a fever that lasted less than 48 hours.  Then i seemed fine.  I also didnt realize my  hearing was going.  It was kinda gradual.  then i came down with a bad cold and I thought the hearing loss was from being really stuffy.   I did go to the ER one night and they gave me some decongestants and told me to use a nasal spray.  within a week of that visit my hearing was gone.  After that I had 3 more visits to the ER where one dr did give me an antibiotic said I had an ear infectiion.  Eventually I got an apointment with a private specialiast that my insurance did not cover and he at first tried to clean my ears but that didnt help. Then he gave me an oral antibiotic an ear drop antibiotic and potassium.  A few days later I got my hearing back.   It never came back fully and i've become quite skillfull in lip reading.  Right now I'm at the point of it going again. I can no longer differentiate sounds.  I was in the hospital the other day and it was quite noisy and busy and i could not pick out any one sound to understand. They all kind of mesh together.

Quoting strictmomhere:

Scary

Quoting Msgme:

MJR51322
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I want to but dont have incerance and no money

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Quoting MJR51322:

How long have you not had hearing in that ear?  Can you go to an urgi center or something and have them bill you where you can pay it off?  I've been there and going deaf was really really scary.  Were you sick recently?  You can try to clean your ears with Peroxide  if its just a build up of something it will help. 

artsygirl2010
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM

maybe you need to clean out your ear?

maybe you got some excess water in there when you showered last?

Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:53 PM

That happened to me. It didn't hurt so I kept letting it go. Then one night I woke up with the worse ear ache of my life. My husband looked at it and was like "OMG - you're whole ear is swollen shut!!" He took off work and took me to the Dr. They gave me antibotics and pain pills. Then when the swelling went down they had to clean it out.

It was awful!! I say go to the Dr. now. I freak out when anything is wrong with my ears now.

Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Girl, you really do need to go to the Dr. It will only get worse over time. You can go to a clinic and make payments on it. 

I would be scared to clean out my own ear, but my ears have been traumatized with ear infections and loss of my eardrums...maybe you can. 

Quoting MJR51322:

MJR51322
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Thank you all... I found a place that will take payments and I have an ear infection! AHHH

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM

go to the doctor?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)