Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any guitar players in here? I have a question..

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM
  • 34 Replies

My 14 y/o DD is learning to play the Acoustic/electric guitar.

I am looking into a guitar amp for her for Christmas. Only thing is, I'm not sure if there are amps for the Acoustic/electric guitars or if I can just buy an amp for an electric guitar and have her use that.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cryssi_renee
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM

BUMP!

Wyldbutterfly
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP!

boshs1andonly
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Hubby has been playing the guitar for a while, so I'll ask him when he gets home. But I want to say that he only has one amp that he uses for all his guitars (including an acoustic). 

Wyldbutterfly
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Quoting boshs1andonly:

Hubby has been playing the guitar for a while, so I'll ask him when he gets home. But I want to say that he only has one amp that he uses for all his guitars (including an acoustic). 

Thank you so much. I would most definitely appreciate it :)

KitschyGirl
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM

No, you need an acoustic amp and they are quite a bit more expensive then a regular amp. Out of curiosity what does she need the amp for? Is she going to be playing gigs? Is the acoustic guitar not loud enough as it is?

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Asking hubby. 

Why do you want an amp?  Where will she be playing it?

KitschyGirl
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I should add, I've been playing guitar for 20 years and I worked for guitar retail companies for 5.My husband still works in music retail.

devinsmom42
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Hmmm. Well I was pretty sure you can just use one for an electric but I'm gonna ask my dad real quick. He plays guitar in a band lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Quoting KitschyGirl:

No, you need an acoustic amp and they are quite a bit more expensive then a regular amp. Out of curiosity what does she need the amp for? Is she going to be playing gigs? Is the acoustic guitar not loud enough as it is?

No, she's not going to be playing a gig anytime soon. It's something she would like to go with the guitar. Seeing as how she never asks for anything, I wanted to get it for her.

It doesn't have to be the biggest and best just a practice amp to go along with her guitar.

Oh and I personally don't think it's loud enough but that's just me. I have a hard time hearing though.

Her guitar is an acoustic/electric guitar. So this is where I am getting a bit confused. Meaning it's an acoustic guitar but it also has a plug for an amp.

devinsmom42
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM
OK he says yea you can but for true acoustic sound go thru p a or an acoustic amp :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)