• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this sound right to u?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:38 AM
  • 19 Replies
Ok my hubby and I are going on a cruise in a couple of weeks and my mom is coming to stay with us for a couple of weeks. Well I went to the office where we are renting our home from and the lady told me that my mom has to fill out an application and pay for a criminal background I can understand they need to do this to cover their asses but damn she's not staying a year or anything like that oh and they need a copy of her pic id if they raise our rent bc of the two weeks she's here that bs ugh has anyone heard of this sorta thing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
takeitall13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:42 AM

never heard of this....... doesn't sound right to me... i mean the background check is fine but the extra charge is NOT.  I'd just lie and tell your landlord that your mom wont be there.. idk..

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:46 AM

That is ridiculous, check your lease to see if there is any mention of a guest policy

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM

You should be able to have visitors at your discretion. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. (OK, probably not the dumbest)

momoftwns
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM
Yah I thought of telling them that she's not coming after all but we live next door to the office so they will know we lied lol

Quoting takeitall13:

never heard of this....... doesn't sound right to me... i mean the background check is fine but the extra charge is NOT.  I'd just lie and tell your landlord that your mom wont be there.. idk..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiernansmom08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Check your lease.  I know most places I've lived said we could have visitors up to two weeks without having to let them know.

B-FigNewton
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Quoting kiernansmom08:

Check your lease.  I know most places I've lived said we could have visitors up to two weeks without having to let them know.

momoftwns
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Yah I just Looked at our lease it says anyone staying longer then two weeks has to do an application

Quoting kiernansmom08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by bilf on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Thats standard. 

MammaPaparazza
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:11 PM
No doesnt sound right and there should be no extra charges ...hell two of you will be gone for a week so that equals out if you ask me! Sounds like shit a hotel might use...your not living in a motel are you? ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sharrison92
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM

If anyone stays here with/without us for more than 14 days, they HAVE to be added to our rent. And they can only stay a total of 14 days in a 31 or 45 day period. Cant remember which. But we are in an income based apartment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)