• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

eating food from the supermarket while u shop for groceries, what do u think?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM
  • 71 Replies

so the other day i saw this lady shopping with her daughter. we were by the fruit and veggie section. i saw her take a banana i thought it was for her daughter, but nope it was for her she was munching on it lol. what do u guys think of this? stealing? im not sure if she paid for it at the end but how can she? bananas r sold by the pound lol...

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krissy920
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM

id have to see it for myself. Personally i wouldnt do it .

artsygirl2010
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

i won't lie, i have opened a container of pringles and ate them while shopping. then i just took the container up to the cashier and paid for it. bash away lol

Lishes
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Since they charge by the pound for bananas yes it's stealing.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I have to admit, I've "sampled" the produce lol

mom2_3blessings
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Well since bananas are weighed ... And she has eaten it... Unless she grabs another and puts it back... Which I doubt... It's stealing .... Now a bag of chips or something not weighed not that bug of an issue ... I would never do it. . If I were Thad hungry u would pick something buy it then go about mg shopping...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM
As long as she pays for it, its fine. It is a little off for an adult to do it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orcadarwin
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Eating or drinking while shopping is stealing, unless the item has been paid for before consumption.  The food and drink in a grocery store is the property of the store until you hand over the money to pay for it.  If you consume it before you pay for it, then you are in fact stealing.  

RedRozeMom
I wouldn't do it for bananas...but I have eatten a grape before buying a batch. I don't want sour grapes. I have eaten a candy bar while standing in line waiting to check out and then handed them the empty wrapper. I have seen people do crazier, but have no idea if they pay for the stuff or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamacruz13

I've never done it but my grandmother is notorious for picking up a bunch of grapes and munching on them as she shops.

usmc.momma
Well since it's produce then yes that's stealing... Though I have grabbed a tub of puffs for DS to munch on while shopping but I always tell the cashier when we pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)