Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you wear this..

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:02 PM
  • 25 Replies

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=73357&vid=1&pid=494322&scid=494322022  (I can't get just the picture to post)

I need a dress to wear to SO Christmas dinner. Would you wear this and if so what would you wear with it (shoes?, tights?, something to cover arms?) Any input would be great!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momforhealth
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:06 PM

I do not think i tis dressy enough.    I do not like the fabric for a Christmas dinner. 

Find something a touch more formal.  

MommaOfThree789
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:08 PM

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=73355&vid=1&pid=494423&scid=494423032  I am also drawn to this one.

He says it doesn't have to be that dressy ("dinner" is at 1PM and guys can wear "dressy" jeans and a button up)

doomshroom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM

I would totally wear that, with bright red tights and black mary-janes. And an oversized elf hat just for fun. :D

3pippings
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM

The first one is nice. Maybe you could add a little black bow belt and necklace

Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I like the first one better. I would get tights, knee high boots, and probably a sweater with a small belt.  

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I like the first one

Here's the pictures

MommaOfThree789
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Thanks for adding the pictures!! What color tights.. black or nude?

je4125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:23 PM
I like the red one. I would wear nude;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Metalmommaof1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:24 PM

i like the red one better and i would go with neutral colored tights and black heels or flats.

L1558
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I like the first one

Here's the pictures

I just want to add that I have an awesome sense of style so you should definitely take my advice ;o) lol

#1 Wear the red dress if you have a larger bust (I know, I'm a 34DD and I'd be having to wear a minimizer or clothespin that V-neck unless it was sewn shut)....wear the green if you are smaller busted, as the ruffles will add fullness to that area.

#2 Wear the green if you have sparkly green eyes, auburn/ red hair, or bright blonde/ white hair. If you are a brunette, or have dark blonde hair, or rich brown eyes...red would look great on you.

#3 Wear the green if you have smaller accessories (earrings, rings, bracelet) to wear with; wear the red if you have a longer necklace-- the cut is simpler and can afford bigger accessories

Finally....with the red, I'd add black or patterned shoes or accessories, and with the green I'd stay neutral (metallic) or basic black.

Just my opinions. Both are cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)