Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't touch that!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

My poor 4yo has 2nd degree burns to his pinky and ring fingers and part of his palm. I was making myself a bowl of soup in the microwave (1100 watts, 3 minutes). While it was heating, I was setting up our little movie area so we could watch some Netflix. Apparently, he decided that my soup could not wait and he had to take it out right now. I tried to stay calm, but as soon as I told him to put it down, the bowl flipped and damn near boiling hot soup poured all over his hand! I was literally 15 feet away. How the hell did I not notice him up on the chair until he already had the microwave open and the soup in his hand???? Mommy fail...big time. Thankfully he will be alright, but I still feel shitty :(

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kimbkay
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM
Aww Hun stuff happens. Try not to feel bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
granbaker
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Dear SamNStefanMommy,  Do not despair.  Four year olds are a lot faster and sneaker then we are.  He is alright and maybe learned a lesson.  How do they live through childhood.  Claudette.

grplovesjlp
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Awww im sorry. I hope he gets to feeling better. We have a bulit in microwave above the stove im hoping my kids dont get any ideas like that.

When my DH was 4 his mother for some crazy ass reason poured hot grease into a coffee cup and he went into the kitchen to get a drink, thought it was his cup and soon as he started to turn it towards his face his older brother who was 6 slapped it away from him. DH got hot grease all down his arm instead and had 2nd degree burns.

Not saying it was your fault, accidents happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifehappy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:55 PM

When my DD was 2, she fell down the stairs just as I was reaching out to grab her. Even though she was fine--a little bumped and bruised--I still feel horrible guilt, seven years later.

Don't be so hard on yourself. None of us are perfect, and we'll all make many more parental mistakes before it's all said & done! No fail.

SamNStefanMommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Thanks ladies. I know that he will be fine, but it's hard not to feel bad. Ya know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)