Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher failed dd before she even took the test then lied about it! What should I do?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM
  • 33 Replies

Okay our dd is in 5th grade and today she came home crying her eyes out and finally when she calmed down enough to tell me what happened she said one of her classes is going on a field trip and the rule is that you have to have a passing grade in all classes in order to go on the field trip we they told her she couldn't go because the English teacher said she was failing well this confused dd because after every test the English teacher puts their current grade on it and after last weeks test she had a C in the class. She went to talk to her English teacher and said yes that is right you have a F in this class and even showed her in her grade book. So dd went into her locker and pulled out her last English test that the teacher wrote her grade on it and went back to confront her English teacher and said "You said I have a F in this class but my test says I have a C in this class. Now which grade are you lying about?" And her English teacher said smugly "Well we have a test on Monday (Friday is the field trip.) And I figured you would fail that test too so I went ahead and put down your failing grade." Well then the teacher erased her F from the grade book and wrote a note to the other teacher saying she can go on the field trip but not why. My dd was so hurt the English teacher did this and I am so pissed off by this. But I am not sure what to do about it. This is the last year the teacher is working at the school because she is transfering to another school. And it is obvious that this teacher doesn't exactly like dd because the teachers dd doesn't like dd. Now my dd doesn't lie and seemed very upset about this. But what should I do?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
metalhealthmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

i guess you should talk to the teacher...this could get messy. better keep a papertrail. 

onefootcutiepie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW! That is horrible. I would definitely talk to the principal and try and have her moved to another class...

MammaPrincess2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:55 PM
I would confront the teacher or talk with the principle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yeahthisizlve
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:56 PM

wow... I would be beyond pissed! I would be going straight to the principal!

lovinglife0682

I would talk to the teacher, it sounds like something is missing.  I doubt a teacher would say that.

prissypoptart
1 mom liked this
I would have a conference with the teacher and principal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy

I would be LIVID. Definitely start with talking to the teacher, with your daughter being present. 

mommyofton
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM
This

Quoting MammaPrincess2:

I would confront the teacher or talk with the principle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jadegirl1819
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:58 PM

You need to email the principal, teacher, and vice principal to set up a meeting about it.  You need to make sure you get everything in writing. 

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Quoting yeahthisizlve:

wow... I would be beyond pissed! I would be going straight to the principal!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)