• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is It Just Me Or Are Normal Groceries Disappearing?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM
  • 37 Replies

It seems like normal groceries I have bought for years are disappearing!!

I used to buy the 2 pack of Jif PB. We go through a lot of peanut butter so it was just worth it. Now it's gone! They don't even have a place on the shelf anymore for it.

Then the other day I went to buy my son some iced animal crackers and those were gone too! No spot on the shelf for those either. We sell them at work but I was surprised Kroger doesn't have them anymore.

Anyone else?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaffedrikke
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:55 PM

It depends what state you live in.  It's hard to find non prepackaged items, I shop the produce section.  It could be they were just out.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:56 PM

No, there wasn't a price tag for them. If I notice they are out of something I always check the shelf for a price tag but they didn't have one for the PB or animal crackers.

mwengenroth
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM

There is a peanut shortage, that may explain the JIF. The price of peanuts has gone WAY up.

Autumn19
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Yea ive noticed things like that to. I cant think right now but yes i def noticed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Yeah, I noticed the price had jumped by like 5 bucks last time I bought it, but I didn't think they'd take it away completely. Assholes lol

Quoting mwengenroth:

There is a peanut shortage, that may explain the JIF. The price of peanuts has gone WAY up.

orcadarwin
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Ohhhhhh, I love iced animal crackers.  I can't find them around here anymore.  :(  

I notice that when I find something that I really like, the store stops carrying that item.  Like Better Cheddars crackers, there is only one store now that carries those here, and they are like $4 a box.  

artsygirl2010
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM

nope i haven't noticed that. 

1mommy2him
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM

its just bc of all the holdiay food that they have to bring out everytime this year the stores in my town take down the items that dont sell well and put them away till after the holidays. I know that we still have the iced animal crackers but the two pack of JIF is gone but that has to do with a peaunt shortage more then anything. If you have a Dollar Tree near you they sell the iced animal crackers.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

That happens to me too..I loved the Chef Boyardee canned tortellini..and I can't find it anymore. Bastards.

Quoting orcadarwin:

Ohhhhhh, I love iced animal crackers.  I can't find them around here anymore.  :(  

I notice that when I find something that I really like, the store stops carrying that item.  Like Better Cheddars crackers, there is only one store now that carries those here, and they are like $4 a box.  

cjsix
by faith on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Will you go through the peanut butter fast enough (and is the price comparable) to buy the large "can" that's on the bottom shelf?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)