• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me before I lose it with his child!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM
  • 2 Replies
My 3 year old is the baby (the youngest of 5) and this year the last one home prior to her siblings starting school this fall she was pretty independent. Since they started school ( and her built in playmate my 5 yo started kinder) she "can't " do anything herself. I mean anything too like this morning she was sitting on my bedroom floor and I said ok time to get dressed and she lauded on the floor and cried that she couldn't get up. She has also been having huge tantrums about the tiniest thing for instance yesterday I was making dinner an I heard her yelling from the back of the house so I asked my older daughter to go see what she needed, my oldest came back and said she needed tp so I went back with a roll of tp and she started throwing a huge screaming for because she didn't want her sister to tell me she needed tp.
I have tried ignoring the fits and to a point trying to make her do things I know she can do on her own (sometimes I just don't have time to sit through her I can't fit and do it myself) and time outs for when ever she starts throwing a fit for nothing ( first I ask her of she wants time out or to talk to me like a big girl) but it seems to be getting worse. She has no trouble communicating she speaks very well for a 3 year old and has a huge vocabulary I know some of it is that she's alone with me now but it's getting insane and I am losing my mind!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LCWAmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Help!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil0ne1991
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Bump!! Sounds hard to handle, maybe find a Playgroup or go to a park? Let her make friends but make her earn the trips (no tantrums n show how she can be a big girl)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)