Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this unprofessional? EDIT

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM
  • 17 Replies

I have a job interview tomorrow morning. The interviewer says I can bring my little girl because it is at a school being a teachers assistant and I dont have a babysitter.

However, I have to have a few requirements. Like 3 professional references and I only have 1.  Is it unprofessional to have someone I don't know be a reference? If I can't get my references, I can't go and will have to re-schedule and risk not getting the job.

*Edit* Okay so I just called the Education Director back and she says I need 3 letters of recommendation! Not references (although I have to have a list of references too). And I still only have 1 but she is letting me come in on Monday. So I have 4 days to find 2 which is going to be really hard. Sigh. I really really need this job!

♥♥♥Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your HEART♥♥♥

♥♥♥Brielle: My heart, soul and existence! God's Gift! Mommy's Angel♥♥♥

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briesmomisback
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM

BUMP!

briesmomisback
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM

BUMP!

PEEK05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM

How awkward would that be if they called to check your references and the person answered and said they had no idea who you are. I'm sorry but it sounds like you might need to look elsewhere.

abbysmommy429
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM
I wouldnt give fictional references... They do check.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shajdinyak
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Have u worked before?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briesmomisback
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Yes I have worked before and been in school but everyone is too busy to write a reference and get it to me before the time I need to go print it out.

barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Very unprofessional! If they call and shes goes well I don't really know her, how does that look to an employer?

Samanthamommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM

If they check references, and you put down some odd phone number you won't get the job. So, your best bet is to put down your previous employer, and personal references. 

briesmomisback
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Quoting PEEK05:

How awkward would that be if they called to check your references and the person answered and said they had no idea who you are. I'm sorry but it sounds like you might need to look elsewhere.

Bot necessarily someone fictional or who I don't know technically someone I don't know very well and can coach? IDK I just really NEED this job!

Samanthamommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:26 PM

They don't need to write anything. The potential employer will call them.

Quoting briesmomisback:

Yes I have worked before and been in school but everyone is too busy to write a reference and get it to me before the time I need to go print it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)