• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM's

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM
  • 35 Replies

I have a friend who daughter is in the after school program and she is a sahm.. well someone told her they dont think its right.. it should be only for the mom's that work...i told her if her kids wants to go i see nothing wrong with it at all.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alt075
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM

People just like to judge people. I can't stand that. :( It's none of their business what your friend does. I too really don't find anything wrong with it if her child wants to.

mommasaint
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM

It seems silly to me that someone would send their child to an after school program when they are SAHM. UNLESS the child was receiving extra tutoring or some other service she needed during that time.

I personally wouldn't do it.

mommy259
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I don't think it is wrong, but it is kind of silly...That is like SAHM's sending their children to daycare all day while they sit home and do nothing

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Her daughter really wanted to go so she let her.. i told my friend don't worry about these people.. if she wants to go let her.

Quoting mommasaint:

It seems silly to me that someone would send their child to an after school program when they are SAHM. UNLESS the child was receiving extra tutoring or some other service she needed during that time.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM

My daughter went to an after-school program when she was in Middle school because she liked it. There are no set rules on who gets to go to these programs.

lovinglife0682
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Our after school programs are expensive. If they want to pay for it then who cares.
jnttd
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Quoting mommasaint:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I can assure you SAHMs don't do "nothing" when their children are gone.
They clean, organize, run errands, cook...

Quoting mommy259:

I don't think it is wrong, but it is kind of silly...That is like SAHM's sending their children to daycare all day while they sit home and do nothing

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM

That is what i told my friend.. there are no set rules at all.but now she is feeling bad about it :( because she is a sahm.

Quoting DanaG70:

My daughter went to an after-school program when she was in Middle school because she liked it. There are no set rules on who gets to go to these programs.

Mamacruz13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM

If the kids want to go to it, then why not? I still send my son to daycare on some of the days I am off and he could stay home with me, why? Because he wants to play with his friends there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)