Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so freakin screwed :( UNBELIEABLE UPDATE!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

WOW

Okay after spedning the night away from her DH, MIL fianally went home and talked to him. MIL has hearing issues (her mom had german measels with her when she was preggos and caused some birh defects inclduing hearing loss) anyways I guess Ricks mom thought Anna wasnt doing enough around the house and whenever she was speaking to her she thought anna was ignoring her (again the hearing issues) and basically Rick told his mom that if they couldnt get along that him and Anna would move out...he couldnt afford it but he is did his mother and brother a favor by moving in with them (they were about to lose their house) I am so surprised that Rick stood up for Anna and bascially choose his wife over his mom which i thought would never happened

I am just thankful she isnt here anymore. I love her to death but she is still my mother in law (oh DH will be searching for a simple lease for us to sign with them)

so my MIL came over because she had a fight with her third husband (DHs stepfather)

Here is the story..

MIL and stepfather (Rick) moved out and into stepfathers mothers and brothers house to help with the bills. MIL does not work but Rick does. DH and I moved in Ricks home and we are paying him rent..Rick did not have us sign a lease but everything but the house is in our name (bills and utilities)

Anyways Anna and Ricks mom got into it last night about some damned dog and how Ricks mom dogs were not allowed in annas room. Now Anna is at her moms for the day blowing off steam.

We should have signed a lease ( ME AND DH WAS WANTING TO DO IT BUT IT IS HARD TO GET AHOLD OF RICK) we do have reciepts where we have paid rent. If this shit (scuse the language) blows over, i told DH to go over there and sign a simple lease that way we dont get screwed and have to move out. we couldnt afford to move out since we just moved in two months ago....ggrrrr I knew this was going to happen and knew it was a bad idea to start with

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM

BUMP!

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Uhm...yeah....I think a lease NEEDS to happen regardless

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM

oh believe me it will NOW!!!  This has me so worried. i am sure that they will make up but for how long?? And what will MIL do?? she has no job skills really. she has trouble hearing and speaking and she has no health insurance either. we couldnt support her.

Quoting mrsjones2207:

Uhm...yeah....I think a lease NEEDS to happen regardless

Steph1499
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Well you should have a lease but since you can prove you live there with the bills being in your name and you should start if you havent already pay rent with a check or money order.  on a good note they cant just throw you out because they would have to evict you.  I know this because my friends boyfriend was living in her house and he started to hit her and since he lived there she couldnt just throw him out but had to evict him.   

NookBoookMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I would never move in somewhere without a written lease of some form, and even so he would have to go to court to evict us since we have all recepts

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM

its all in cash but i have a written receipt from him from both times we paid

Quoting Steph1499:

Well you should have a lease but since you can prove you live there with the bills being in your name and you should start if you havent already pay rent with a check or money order.  on a good note they cant just throw you out because they would have to evict you.  I know this because my friends boyfriend was living in her house and he started to hit her and since he lived there she couldnt just throw him out but had to evict him.   

amomynous_j
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM

you still have rights without a lease. 

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM

i sure hope so

Quoting amomynous_j:

you still have rights without a lease. 

amomynous_j
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM

this would be the time you look them up, so you do know them if anything were to happen.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:10 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)