Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military the easy way out. s/o

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM
  • 69 Replies
So in another post someone said the military is the easy way out instead of college. I am kinda taken back by this. My husband is army and why I do not think he or any other soldier walks on water and are gods that mentality is kind of disturbing.

So do you think military is the easy way out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natguardsfwife
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Well, my husband is military as well...with a college degree (currently deployed); therefore, I do not believe joining the military is the easy way out.  I'm sure having bullets whiz by your head isn't easy at all.  I would suggest that not doing anything at all is the "easy way out".  But that's just my opinion :-).

barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM

I totally don't agree!!! I went to college and graduated but there is NO WAY I could be military! My husband is Army.

haleyleedy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:40 PM
my husband dropped out of college on sep 12 2001 and joinedbthe army. he is back in school now and about a year from his degree.

Quoting natguardsfwife:

Well, my husband is military as well...with a college degree (currently deployed); therefore, I do not believe joining the military is the easy way out.  I'm sure having bullets whiz by your head isn't easy at all.  I would suggest that not doing anything at all is the "easy way out".  But that's just my opinion :-).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crafty_love
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:40 PM

I know a woman who did go to the military as an "easy" way out.

She had no college education, couldn't hold a job, and I had to care for her 3 bratty boys because I was married to their father. It was his ex (they have since gotten back together and those boys are hot messes).

She ended up getting discharged.

She did finally get a degree in medical something. Hope she is NEVER at my doctor's office.

mommy259
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Hell no The military is not the easy way out, if anything i think it is harder in the long run....I went to college, DH went in the military and by all means it was so much harder then going to school...My 12 year old plans to go in the Army and we are there backing him up all the way!!

.Pagan.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM

it depends on the job and the person. i love the life the military has provided us and the fulfillment my husband has from it but some do skate by..I'm looking at some of the obviously overweight undereducated soldiers at this school house with their heated PT field and it makes me shake my head when i know how some others are doingthings in other school commands throughout the military.

tonyalynn

no, if it was so easy than why arent more people joining? i doubt my husband loves getting shot at and watching his close friends die.

eema.gray

Military is one of the hardest jobs a person can take on.  It is by no means an easy way to a college education.

PEEK05

Um...I think that would be much harder than going to college.

MyraEllen
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM
I think people have that misconception, then they learn differently once they have signed up and are in. I have no idea who started that idea, as common sense and a basic knowledge of the military should tell you otherwise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)