Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone had a child have dental work done that needed to be put under UPDATE

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM
  • 8 Replies

so tomorrow is the day dd goes in for her dental procedure. well crowns, teeth restoartion, cleaning and other stuff. she will be put under for it and it will be a few hrs. am scared for her. tonight i have to keep her up as much as i can. which she is going to love, me not so much.

she did soo well today!! am so proud of her. she didnt cry till the end and other then that she was excellent. she was laughing and singing. they told me she would be all droopy but yep not my daughter she is fuly awake. mad cuz she cant be running around playing .  they were very impress with how well she did and how she let them do their work.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Good luck!!!

.betty.white.
by bilf on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Sort of...  They wanted to operate on DS, but we found a dentist who did the procedure in about 3 appointments..  Let me back up and explain.  We didn't know until the age of 2 DS lacks enamel which protects teeth causing advanced tooth decay.  This is hereditary as the 1st second and third opinions told us (as in, if your child suffers from this you didn't do anything wrong so don't beat yourself up too much).  Anyway DS had to have something crazy like 7 crowns put on :(  So, one dentist wanted DS to go have a full on operation in a hospital.  We found one that gave him laughing gas and baby valium to do it in three appointments.  MUCH better for him to do it this way, he recovered much much easier and wasn't in the hospital and much less intrusive as they wanted.  I'm glad we did it that way.  Good luck to your DD!

piwife
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Quoting .betty.white.:

Sort of...  They wanted to operate on DS, but we found a dentist who did the procedure in about 3 appointments..  Let me back up and explain.  We didn't know until the age of 2 DS lacks enamel which protects teeth causing advanced tooth decay.  This is hereditary as the 1st second and third opinions told us (as in, if your child suffers from this you didn't do anything wrong so don't beat yourself up too much).  Anyway DS had to have something crazy like 7 crowns put on :(  So, one dentist wanted DS to go have a full on operation in a hospital.  We found one that gave him laughing gas and baby valium to do it in three appointments.  MUCH better for him to do it this way, he recovered much much easier and wasn't in the hospital and much less intrusive as they wanted.  I'm glad we did it that way.  Good luck to your DD!

my dd has the same problem enamel.  we were going to do the hospital route but decided not too. she is going to be sedated but not under general anesthisia, she wil be given 3 different meds, she is getting 4 or 5 crowns.  they also told me that all of this could be from so many infections dd had as a baby. she had rotovirus 12 times. countless times with bronchitis which resulted in high antibiotics, fever of 105and 106. ear infections. this just sucks.

steph_hailee
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM
Yes my daughter got put under. I was hard. They used the gas for her and she was sitting on my lap then all of a sudden she just goes limp. Her eyes where still open and I cried. It was a scary site. I'm not trying to scare you just prepare you. I didn't know how fast it works and they made me lay her down and then they say I was crying they made me leave. Everything will be ok she won't remember and when she wakes up she will be very cranky and want lots of love. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM

My son has... he did fine. I never kept him up though. They put him to sleep and he did fine. I just put him to bed and took him in the next morning. I am having a bunch of dental work done next week and will be out for 6 hours while they complete all I need done. Being asleep while they hammer on your mouth is the way to go. IMO. :) Good luck!

easternwamom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:18 PM

My son just went through this in August.  He did just fine.  Me, on the other hand, not so much.  I teared up when they came and got him and the waiting sucked.  The hardest part was when he was waking up.  He was very agitated.  They told us he would be and it was normal for his age (3) but it was still hard.  All the kids in recovery (big area divided by curtains) were the same.  They woke up one after the other and they were all pretty agitated.

piwife
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Quoting sherry132:

My son has... he did fine. I never kept him up though. They put him to sleep and he did fine. I just put him to bed and took him in the next morning. I am having a bunch of dental work done next week and will be out for 6 hours while they complete all I need done. Being asleep while they hammer on your mouth is the way to go. IMO. :) Good luck!

her app is at 9 am.

o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Cousins lil boy hes 3 had some major dental work done. They gave him demerol to sedate/ make him loopy. He was a lil sleepy and clingy when they stopped by after his appt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)