Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you sign for your child if they asked?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM
  • 172 Replies

My oldest will be 17 when he graduates(he is 12 now) and plans on following in DH's foot steps and wants to join the Army...Since he will be 17 at graduation he has already asked us for permission and has asked us if we will sign for him to leave for basic at 17 right out of high school (he won't be 18 till that Aug) we have already told him yes and that during his senior year we will take him to see a recruiter and get everything in the works for him so he is ready to leave after graduating...

Would you do this for your child or would you make them wait to they are 18?

**EDIT***I all so wanted to add this is not something new for our son, he has wanted to join since he was a toddler and now 10 years later he still wants to join....He is doing boy scouts so he can earn rank (if you make it through boy scouts it gives you rank in the army) he is all so doing a junior cadet program designed by the military

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy259
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

BUMP!

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

If DS was that committed to it, yes I would.  But if he will be 18 two months later, I might try to see if he'd like to take the summer off and then join (I have no military experience so this might not be possible).

crafty_love

I would if that's really what he wanted to do.

AHmom103
2 moms liked this

I would make them wait. If they really want to join, a few more months won't make a difference.

.mysweetmelissa
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Yep I'd sign.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
Yes, I would sign.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JT32606_
Yes, if that's what my child really wanted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

NO, they would have to wait until they are 18. I think they end up in situations while serving that they are not ready for at 18 let alone still a minor.

angieluvsolivia

If my child was that commited than yes.

Charweba

I don't think I would. Only because what if my child decides to changes their mind on what they want to do after High School

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)