Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

((((((EDIT))))))WE HAVE MICE!!!!! >:O HELP! Please bump if you can't. :)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM
  • 66 Replies
We have sticky traps out and two live traps with peanut butter on them. SO is gonna plug holes when he gets home. They're coming in under the dish washer and thru the hole where the pipes go thru underneath the sink. And they're also in the garage. We live in a neighborhood kind of city-ish. We're in between. And we're gonna borrow SO's sister's cat. I can deal with cat hair and sneezing for a few days if it means we'll be rid of mice. lol, Sorry I can't reply to every one of you. Thank you all so much! You've made me feel a lot better and helped so much!!. :)

Yes, we have the little fuckers in our KITCHEN!! My kitchen stays clean and our house isn't old(I've always thought older or dirty houses get rodents!)!!!!! I just had to pull out every pot and pan and wash them over and put them on the dining room table and vacuum and scrub the bottom cabinets. The bottom of our pantry and everything that was opened on the upper shelves(rice and stuff like that) in a box had to be thrown away. We have sticky traps and live traps out and we've caught 5 so far. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to keep them away? I've tried peppermint oil(I heard it's supposed to work) and it is not keeping them out! Please help!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErikaRobin
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Get a cat.

Current CM Rank:      Queen of AWESOME

FOLLOW THE AWESOME @ RandomNinja - Writer of Wrongs

Kandiface
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM
We would, but cat hair bothers my allergies. :(

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Get a cat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marilyn623
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Get a cat!
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Do you have a dog? I heard they love dog food. I would so be a hotel until they are exterminated.

ErikaRobin
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

There's some kind of machine you can buy that makes this really high pitched noise that only animals can hear.  It's supposed to ward off rodents.  Maybe look into that.

lovemymichael
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM
How do you do the oil? I mix mine with water and put in a spray bottle and spray 1 or 2 times a day all around the kitchen opening. Seems to help here.
kikibix
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Find how they are getting into your house and close up those gaps.  They can get in through very tiny spaces and with the colder weather coming they want in. Get down on your hands and knees and look everywhere and stuff up any gaps you see.  Find where they are nesting and destroy that.  Look in crawlspace and attic.

-Texas-Mommy-
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I have no idea we have never had a problem with them before BUMP!

Photobucket

wiener
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

bath the cat one a week and your allergies will be good.  My DH has the same allergy and this is what we do, we havve two cats and he no problems.  Its not the hair its the salvia

Quoting Kandiface:

We would, but cat hair bothers my allergies. :(

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Get a cat.

artsygirl2010
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM

put peanut butter in the mouse traps..they love peanut butter and will die once they get caught in the trap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)