Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can an opinion be dumb?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

I understand that an opinion is very personal and just what it is...an opinion.

I had someone on here get very upset because I said that "opinions can be dumb".  As I was reading a post just now, I once again saw the infamous CM comeback "Well, it is my opinion."

In my own opinion, opinions can be very dumb.  What makes an opinion dumb? Well, when someone does not bother to educate or inform themselves on a topic at all or forms an opinion without any direct knowledge or experience with a topic, it can be dumb.  I actually see it on here over and over again.

Opinions are meant to be formed after you gain knowledge or information on a topic to actually give you some insight or perspective.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I see lots of dumb opinions on here daily.

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I often wonder about those who dont' want to learn or understand, then I think why reply with a dumb reply? I don't know, maybe my opinion isn't always the brightest. But I like to discuss things so I can find out more of the topic and what others think or feel about something.

CountryGirl0809
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

eh who really cares about someones opinion on CM?  I mean really?  an opinion is an opinion    everyone has one.  sometimes stupid people have good opinions.  

ColieO
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Me too.

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momwith2monkeys
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

yep they sure can just like the post comparing what casey Anthony did to abortion, yep pretty damn dumb to me.

PEEK05

I agree with you.

mes_deux_amours

Yes they can be dumb... especially when they are based off of nonsense.

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM
Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has them. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
artsygirl2010
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

i say if someone doesn't agree with the opinion given, they can move on to another topic or someone else's opinion. 

AHmom103
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on the person giving the opinion. If you have a stupid person telling you what they think about something, then you'll probably get a stupid opinion from them...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)