Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just got the stink eye...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM
  • 21 Replies
I took my dd to gymnastics then out to lunch and now we are at toys r us so they could look for things to tell santa they want for christmas ( they sound so abused right, lol). Anyway i joke around with dd and call her silly names because it makes her laugh. All morning per her request i called her a turtle (it was complete with a turtle walk) anyway we were walking down the isle and i said come here frankenstein (joking obviously) and this lady walking the other way stops, turns around and gives me the dirtiest look. Lol. Am i the devil because i joke around with my kids or does the lady need to pull her panties out of a bunch and get a sense of humor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.mysweetmelissa
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:18 PM
I call Melissa "Frankenbaby" because she's still learning to walk lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:18 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Maybe she thought you were calling her frankenstein.

Due9
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM

OMG, i do that with my son (he's 9) . I call him the weirdest names and he just laughs and we have loads of fun. It's called a sense of humor *lady in the store that gives out the stink eye*. :)  Some folks just aren't capable of humor, i feel bad for them.

mom2_3blessings
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Um she probably thought you were referring to her....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:21 PM

How dare you joke like that..you wretched mother!

DamekSai
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM

i would say she needs to pull her panties out of a bunch:) i call my 4 year old Frank, George, any name that comes to mind really just cause he thinks its funny...people are such snobs anymore its rediculous!

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM
I said come here frankenstein as im chasing after dd. maybe, but i cant imagine why.

Quoting mom2_3blessings:

Um she probably thought you were referring to her....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Lol at the pic!!!

Quoting taKENheart:

How dare you joke like that..you wretched mother!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM

the stink eye makes me giggle.

i got it yesterday from an old woman! i was in the coat isle looking for a dressy coat at Dillard's and she was talking to this other woman about the weather. it was a pretty low toned conversation when i walked up and while i was looking but i was standing beside them for a minute trying to see a price tag and then walked a few racks down. she got loud and goes ' i don't know i guess I'm old fashioned but its cold out and i dress appropriately ' lol i laughed. i was wearing a sweater a skirt and some fuzzy boots. apparently she found my skirt inappropriate for the *cold* 65 degree sunny day lol. she looked right at me when she said it too ...hilarious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)