Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who had your tubes tied...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
I want to get my tubes tied when I have my repeat c section but while doing my research online I ran across Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. For those why have had your tubes tied did you get bad symptoms afterwards or have you been fine ever since? We really want a more permanent birth control but if it is common to have bad symptoms afterwards I may have to stick with the pill or Nuva Ring. (Dh getting snipped isn't an option)

Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LveMy2K1dS
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I had Essure done a year ago and have had an awesome experience with it! No down time afterwards and no side effects at all. I am VERY happy with my descision! I used to use Nuvaring, I'm so happy I'm off! Good luck on your descision

AHmom103
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I've had bad symptoms ever since. I had it done 21 months ago, when I was 21. I guess it's more common the younger you are. Also, the younger you are when you get it done, the higher the chance is of it failing.

Steph1499
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I had mine done during my c section and the only side effect is i have more clotting and a little more cramping probably from the clotting.  I also heard of PTLS but never experienced it.

dandylynes
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I had my tubes tied 13 years ago.  Not one single side effect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)