Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Youre a f***ing moron if you dont vaccinate your children"

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM
  • 49 Replies
3 moms liked this

This quote from a pediatrician and the discussion that followed has been on my mind for days. 

Many people in the discussion agreed with the off color rant of this Dr, especially identifying with the part when she said "Of course youre right. Anecdotal bullshit is much more reliable then the sciency stuff from med school"

Is it so hard to believe that people that don't vaccinate can be intelligent people? Not everyone read a book by Jenny McCarthy and singed a waver the next day. 

I hear the argument all the time that we all put on our tin foil hats and read propaganda off the Internet, we trust that over Drs.

I don't think I'm the only person who doesn't vaccinate that has read several papers written by Drs that do not support it. Dr Wakefield isn't the only Dr to not agree with vaccination by the way.

The internet has allowed us to research things and hear from people we would not otherwise have the means to communicate with. A pediatrician is not a nutritionist, or a neurologist. Why is is that if I was seeing a neurologist and they told me in person how they felt about vaccines (and they were against them) how is it that would be alright, but reading several papers written by a neurologist and coming to that conclusion makes me a conspiracy theorist?

Photobucket
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AHmom103
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Man, you're just bringing it all out today...

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:35 PM
8 moms liked this

I think I would be a "fucking moron" if I DID vaccinate.

devinsmom42
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I think those who do vaccinate are morons lol. Not trying to offend anyone tho ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devinsmom42
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Dam you beat me to it!!

Quoting laranadtony:

I think I would be a "fucking moron" if I DID vaccinate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erna2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM
9 moms liked this

I vaccinated all 5 of my kids. I do not think I am a moron, and I would never think that someone who does not vaccinate are morons either....

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM

You're just full of controversy today. lol

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I think you are correct.  And any doctor that says something like that, should not be a practicing doctor - for either side.  That demeanor shows a complete lack of empathy or compassion.

KitschyGirl
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Quoting mich.el.le:

You're just full of controversy today. lol

I know. lol I've had a few posts in my head that I hadn't had time to get out. lol

Photobucket
Britty1987
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Vaccinating isn't for us, but I would never call someone who does a moron. I do what I feel is best and so do they. Who am I to say they're a moron? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM

i vacciante, but i give a damm if you do or anyone does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)