• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anybody know? (Labor Related)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM
  • 24 Replies
OK so when I gave birth to my son I did it all (almost) completely natural. I labored for a day at home and when I finally went into the hospital I was 8cm. When I got to 9 I was asked if I wanted some pain relief and I said yes.

I know it was administered through my IV and it worked pretty fast but I'm not sure of the name of it.

Does anyone have any idea? I'm PG with #2 and want to know the name of it incase I want it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM

They gave me Demerol in my IV 

AHmom103
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I think I had Demerol. It was either that or Darvocet. I don't think it really worked though.

KickButtMama
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Quoting momma-flynn:

They gave me Demerol in my IV 

This is the most common

carter210
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM
Thank you Ladies!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Katie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM

When I was in labor, I had Nubain. You can contact the hospital you delivered at and make an appointment to see your chart, then you can look it up to know for sure.

whitneyeliza08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:59 PM

a freind of mine had nubane(sp?)

carter210
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:59 PM
My first son was born in Indiana. My second will be born in Florida. Lol.

Quoting sissyboogs:

When I was in labor, I had Nubain. You can contact the hospital you delivered at and make an appointment to see your chart, then you can look it up to know for sure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carter210
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Ok I'll write down both!

Thanks Ladies!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devinsmom42
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:01 PM
This is what they gave me with all three of my kids. My first I went natural and that's all I had. I got an epidural with the other two tho lol. I got nubaine when it was still too early for the epi. My last child had terrible reactions to it when he was still inside me. It was so weird. They would give it to me and he would go nuts kicking everywhere so bad I was crying and his heartrate would go up to 200! Sorry for the long answer lol it was just scary and reminded me.

Quoting sissyboogs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carter210
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM
Wow.. That is scary!

I'm hoping I can hold out! I'm terrified of needles so the thought of an epi gives me a panic attack. Lol.

Quoting devinsmom42:

This is what they gave me with all three of my kids. My first I went natural and that's all I had. I got an epidural with the other two tho lol. I got nubaine when it was still too early for the epi. My last child had terrible reactions to it when he was still inside me. It was so weird. They would give it to me and he would go nuts kicking everywhere so bad I was crying and his heartrate would go up to 200! Sorry for the long answer lol it was just scary and reminded me.

Quoting sissyboogs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)