Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your pets listen to you?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:20 PM
  • 74 Replies
I've had a few pets in my life (mostly cats) and none of really listened at all. The cat I have now though is awesome. She comes when I call her and stops whatever she's doing if I say "quit it". I think it's cool. What about your pets?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Yes. They both listen to me. 

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:22 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No.

Well the dogs do if my husband isn't around. lol

The cats don't listen to anybody. (although they are Johnny on the spot if they hear the cat food open) LOL

coorslady
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM
Yes. I have 8 german shepherds so I had to make sure they all went to obedient school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malissaL

yeah..my dog cocks her head when I talk to her and looks me right in the eyes and my cat will "talk" back. 

the cat talking back gets annoying. he is incessant. 

franken.dweeb
No they don't listen. I have 3 cats one is 8 years old and just a plain bitch so she doesn't listen. The other two are old 15 and 17 I don't think they can hear well anymore. Both my two older vats are rescues we got them both 2 1/2 years ago. I think their hearing was going before we got them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cheez1e
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM

I have 3 cats and a dog and they mostly listen. The dog is actually fairly well behaved unless someone comes to the door or she hears some random noise, then she's a pain in my butt.

CeeGee81
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM

The 3 cats...yes

The idiot dog...no....but that's not her fault...she has the IQ of a plank  lol  We love her anyway, she's part of the family :)

Fields456
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM
Our cats don't listen. My husky only listens to my dd and occasionally us. And my dog ruff listens very well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poohlover515
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:25 PM

LMAO...totally not the same thing, but my cousin met a Japanese girl while he was in the navy, and went to Japan to visit her a few months back. And was dumbfounded that her dog wouldn't sit for him, but would if she told him to sit in Japanese! He came home and told us all about the Japanese speaking dog!!!

JennyCaps
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:25 PM
Yup my dog listens to me,dh and ds (2). She is a great dog :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)