Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great advice to keep your little one SAFE and WARM in their car seat this winter.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kaeleesmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM

BUMP!

kaeleesmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM

BUMP!

luvinmy3babes
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 5:23 PM
We keep snuggies in the car for the kids to wear over their car seats to keep them warm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorililly
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 8:55 PM

BUMP!

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 12, 2011 at 9:02 PM

when i ask this dont bash... I make sure there straps are tighten every time i put her in her carseat. Her coat is a silky material but i make sure her straps are tight...we are in the car no more than 15 or 20 mins MAX so taking off the coat does not make sense to me..if you still make sure you tighten the straps down is it okay?

Shaken1976
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Quoting silverdawn99:

when i ask this dont bash... I make sure there straps are tighten every time i put her in her carseat. Her coat is a silky material but i make sure her straps are tight...we are in the car no more than 15 or 20 mins MAX so taking off the coat does not make sense to me..if you still make sure you tighten the straps down is it okay?

Not really.  It should be tight against the body.  Most coats are puffy.  Now a light jacket...I would say different.

kaeleesmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Anything bulkier than a fleece jacket is a hazard. When youre in an accident and the force thrashes your baby forward the bulky jacket will compress and because even though the straps were tight against the jacket it's not tight against their body. So when the jacket compresses you're left with untightened straps which either, depending on the severity of the force, not protect your child properly or even eject the child out of the car seat. Like this article stated, there are many ways to protect your child and keep them warm without needing a bulky jacket.

TSNDDY
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Thanks for sharing! I wasn't made aware till DD was a year old.. And have always struggled with figuring out how to keep the kids warm in the winter here in Alberta!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Achromia
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 10:56 AM
I used one of those shower cap covers on my infant seat when we had our youngest son.

Good blog.with good info. Heres a bump...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)