• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh...really?!?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

Okay...this is the third time I have tried to post this. I really hope it works this time! LOL

DH and I ordered some fishing rods and reels the other day. Some of them are for Christmas presents, one is for my FIL's birthday, one is for my DH's friend, and one is for my DH. It's well over $600 worth of fishing equipment. The UPS truck just delivered the package today. I signed for it, and the guy carrying the box carried it up the steps to me. It is in a very long, skinny box that plainly says "FRAGILE DO NOT BEND OR CRUSH" on two sides of the box. The box is crushed.... UGH! I took pictures and video of the box just in case something is broken inside and we need proof that the box was damaged. I hope that nothing is wrong with the stuff inside, but something inside the box sounds like it was rolling around when I propped it against the wall. Why does stuff like this always happen to me and DH?!? LOL

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charley427
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Ugh I know exactly what you mean i had that happen when i ordered my new phone the box came and it was mangled. I hope nothing is broke and if it is fedex or what ever company brought it to you will have to replace the contents.

Mamacruz13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Open the box and see if anything is broken?

1busymomma03
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I will, but I sat down to text Dh and let him know first. Fishing equipment is his thing...I don't know much about it, so I'm not so sure I would be able to tell for sure if anything was broken. LOL

ETA: I also can't open it right this moment either because my youngest DD is here with me, and one of the fishing rods is a Christmas gift for her.

Quoting Mamacruz13:

mes_deux_amours
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM
That really blows. I'd wait for
Dh to look at it to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamacruz13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:40 PM

That makes sense, I would be the same way. I do a lot of purchasing online and I always get nervous when I order potentially breakable or fragile things.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I will, but I sat down to text Dh and let him know first. Fishing equipment is his thing...I don't know much about it, so I'm not so sure I would be able to tell for sure if anything was broken. LOL

ETA: I also can't open it right this moment either because my youngest DD is here with me, and one of the fishing rods is a Christmas gift for her.

Quoting Mamacruz13:

mstkn.identity
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Eeecks i hope nothing is broke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM

We don't purchase a lot of things online. He usually likes to go to the sporting goods stores for his fishing equipment, but we got a really good deal on all of this..50% off regular retail price, so we couldn't pass up the deal. Hopefully, everything will be fine when we open the box though. *fingers crossed* LOL

Quoting Mamacruz13:

That makes sense, I would be the same way. I do a lot of purchasing online and I always get nervous when I order potentially breakable or fragile things.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting Mamacruz13:

aj23
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:45 PM
We must have the same UPS guy. I ordered 7 candles and instead of walking up the 4 steps to put it on the porch he stood at the bottom and tossed it. I had just opened the door and heard them shatter. He did too so he called his boss while I opened the box. Only one wasn't broken.
They are the worst about ignoring fragile wording.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Wow..really? That is crazy! I would be pissed if they threw it like that! There were two guys delivering this one. One that held out the thing for me to sign, and one that held the box at the bottom of the steps. It was a very long box, so he had to walk it up and slide it in the front door. LOL. I just hope nothing is broken!

Quoting aj23:

We must have the same UPS guy. I ordered 7 candles and instead of walking up the 4 steps to put it on the porch he stood at the bottom and tossed it. I had just opened the door and heard them shatter. He did too so he called his boss while I opened the box. Only one wasn't broken.
They are the worst about ignoring fragile wording.

Litlmama87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM
I hate that too.

isn't there a part of training specifically devoted to "handle with care" >.<
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)