Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow! So you know how I was going to lie about not vaxxing? Well...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM
  • 105 Replies
6 moms liked this

I changed my mind at the last minute and told the nurse we don't vax. She was new, so she was like "oh okay" and left it at that. But when the DR came in, she sat down and right away (before even introducing herself) she said "We need to talk about this shot situation"....

I was like oh shit. Especially after how things went down at the LAST doctor we went to (click here for full story - it's long). I just wanted to get up and walk out. But we NEEDED a physical. So after she did her whole lecture (and told us she was not going to see us again because we did not vaccinate), and I just sat there and listened, I said "Look, I *GET* why you don't want non-vaxxing patients in your office. Really, I do. I respect it, I understand it, and I promise we will never come back if that is what you want. I just need this physical. Can you PLEASE just do that for us? I would really appreciate it."

Her entire demeanor changed. She was nice the whole time, but at that point she just got... REALLY nice. She was smiling from ear to ear the whole time she talked to me... and she told me she would make an exception for us because she "really liked me" and "thought I was great", and that as long as I didn't send all my non-vaxxing friends (LOL) to her office we would be good.

She said she respected me for being honest, and she respects my reasons for choosing not to vaccinate, and as long as I didn't bring my kids in with chicken pox, we could just agree to disagree and that was that.

OH and on TOP of that, I talked to her about Saff needing her tongue clipped but Medicaid saying it was "cosmetic". She said "What do you need, a referral?" I said "yes"... she said "You got it!" and is getting us a referral to an ENT so she can get her tongue clipped!! WOOP!

I'm so excited. This was THE BEST doctor visit EVER... and she kept telling me how much she enjoyed talking to me (we talked for almost an hour!)... she even came back in when the nurse was filling out her physical form and said it was so nice to meet me. It was just amazing, and a COMPLETE switch from the last doctor. I'm glad I didn't lie, I just could NOT do it in good conscience knowing my daughter would see me - she probably would've ratted me out anyway because she tells EVERYONE we don't vaccinate LOL.

Just thought I'd give an update for those that saw my other post!! :)

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CountryStrong84
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM
Glad it went well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marissaj125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Yay!! happy for you. I never knew doctors refused patients because of non vaxxing. I don't vax and our pedi is alright with it.

randomosityblog
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Glad it went well.

Me, too. I was SO close to lying and saying I just forgot the immunization records so she didn't bitch about it... but I bit the bullet. :)

randomosityblog
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Quoting marissaj125:

Yay!! happy for you. I never knew doctors refused patients because of non vaxxing. I don't vax and our pedi is alright with it.

I've had pedis in the past that were fine with it but the last DR I went to FLIPPED out on me when she found out we didn't vax. It was HORRIBLE. She yelled and belittled me right in front of my kids. It was really crazy. So I was nervous about this one.

momma-flynn

Yay! I'm glad it went well! 

.shank.
6 moms liked this
Maybe she wanted to see your tutu, if you know what I mean lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyCulp4
I'm so happy for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM

thats cool

mallowcup17
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM

glad it went well!!! 

southern.momof2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)