Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just told my boss I was going to stab him in the eye with a knife

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

I love my job.  And I love that I have a cool boss I can joke around with.  Anybody else have a great boss?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mummy24
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM

LMAO!! That made me giggle.

Young mummy 2 5, 4 girls 1 boy! Never did I know the love a child could show!toddler girl

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM
My hubby is my boss. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM
Yes. I only have to see him twice a month and he sends me texts saying thanks for being a team leader, thanks for all your hard work and dedication. Lol. Oh and he buys the whole team breakfast once a month!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Namaste17
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM
Not me. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Hahahaha, I have awesome bosses too, and I joke around with them all the time. The added bonus is that when it comes to business related subjects they respect me and I can be completely honest with them, even if it's something that they've done that I have questions or a disagreement about. 

I used to work in an office that was full of politics and always very tense. I hated it and promised myself that I would never again work somewhere I hated. I am so happy that I have a job that I love! 

moonhorse
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Even if that is a 'joke' be careful making statements like that.  My 11 year old sister said she was going to kill our 9 year old brother and mom and I tried explaining to her that she can't say that type of stuff otherwise she'll be thrown in the psych ward like I was and have meds shoved down her throat or go to jail like I almost did at 15.  She didn't listen and of course my 9 year old brother said he was going to kill my 11 year old sister.  It's not funny when you know somebody who's been in the mental joint.  Gotta be careful now with everything you say and do that can be percieved as a 'threat' on someone's life.

bethanysmom1007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Yup!  I was thinking the same thing!  I said the "wrong thing" to a counselor, and she wasn't actually LISTENING to me, and ended up sending me to the psych ward.  I said I wanted to stab some people, joking around, and even laughed after it, and she sent me up!  I definitely learned my lesson!  When I got to my new counselor, I told him what I said and he laughed, and said he wouldn't send me there for that.  My mom had problems with the same counselor with my niece...the lady was kinda psycho!! 

Anyway....Glad you have an awesome boss!  But I agree, the wrong person hears you they can take it the wrong way!!

Quoting moonhorse:

Even if that is a 'joke' be careful making statements like that.  My 11 year old sister said she was going to kill our 9 year old brother and mom and I tried explaining to her that she can't say that type of stuff otherwise she'll be thrown in the psych ward like I was and have meds shoved down her throat or go to jail like I almost did at 15.  She didn't listen and of course my 9 year old brother said he was going to kill my 11 year old sister.  It's not funny when you know somebody who's been in the mental joint.  Gotta be careful now with everything you say and do that can be percieved as a 'threat' on someone's life.

YouLoseIWin
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Okay... been in the psyche ward myself, and anybody who overheard the conversation, for one, knows my boss, knows he's a big joker.  Not to mention we were both laughing our asses off when I said it to him.

Like he would say, some people need to lighten up and learn to take a joke. 

Quoting bethanysmom1007:

Yup!  I was thinking the same thing!  I said the "wrong thing" to a counselor, and she wasn't actually LISTENING to me, and ended up sending me to the psych ward.  I said I wanted to stab some people, joking around, and even laughed after it, and she sent me up!  I definitely learned my lesson!  When I got to my new counselor, I told him what I said and he laughed, and said he wouldn't send me there for that.  My mom had problems with the same counselor with my niece...the lady was kinda psycho!! 

Anyway....Glad you have an awesome boss!  But I agree, the wrong person hears you they can take it the wrong way!!

Quoting moonhorse:

bethanysmom1007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Trust me, I know how to take a joke!  I joke with my husband all the time that I'm gonna stab him and he's gonna send me to the hospital!!  I joke all the time about it.  I'm just saying, it just takes 1 person!  ;)  But I am glad you have a boss you can joke with!  My husband used to be my boss, so we used to joke all the time!!  So much better than an uptight prick of a boss!!

Quoting YouLoseIWin:

Okay... been in the psyche ward myself, and anybody who overheard the conversation, for one, knows my boss, knows he's a big joker.  Not to mention we were both laughing our asses off when I said it to him.

Like he would say, some people need to lighten up and learn to take a joke. 

Quoting bethanysmom1007:

Quoting moonhorse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)