Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Xbox help please!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM
  • 15 Replies

My son wants an Xbox for Christmas.  I know nothing about them!  Help, please!  Which one do I get?  Do I need to buy extra controls? 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2_3blessings
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Get the one with the kinect built in and i would get an extra remote to play with friends and family ... Kinect is hands free and it's awesome it senses his movements he is the controller ... Keeps kids active
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macilah
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM
He most likely wants an xbox 360 it useually comes with one game and one controller
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steph1499
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I personally like the white ones but they are not the black  newer ones.  Your best bet is to get the bigger hard drive because saving takes memory.  Buy the controllers that are wireless and buy the rechargeable batterys. ummmm and if you are going to do xbox live where they can play with others online by the year subscribtion its cheaper.   Yes at least get two controllers.     

Steph1499
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Oh and the kinect is fun  too

highlandmum
by Spunky Dancer on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:54 PM

We are looking into getting a Xbox for Christmas for my children.  What I know is most packages only come with one controller, so you will need to purchase at least one more.  We are going to get three additional ones.  Purchase the one that has the Kenect with it as it is cheaper with a package.  As for size it depends on if you are wanting to download games or play on line.  If you want to have the ability to download games and play on line go for the larger 250 GB hard drive.  If you do not really care about this ability stick with the 4 GB as you will save about $100.00, to my knowledge the hard drive is not upgradable.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Get the black 250 gb Xbox 360, buy an extra controller. The rest would depend on how much of a gamer he is.

stefvan
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Thank you all! 

im23vaughn
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Get the Xbox 360 it's $199.99. It will come with 1 controller. Another controller is around $30 - 50.  If you want the kinect you can get it bundled with the xbox for about $299.99.  I usually go to GameStop to get my consoles and games. They have a program where you can trade back in the games for cash or credits when the kids beat them.

Now the Xbox 360 250GB is 299 by itself.

macilah
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:00 PM
The one with the kinect cost about 200 dollars more then just the xbox but it is alot of fun and yes purchase an extra control
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvinmy3babes
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM
X box 360 elite with the kinect. We got the 4 gb because it was cheaper and bought a 250 gb hard drive for it brand new on ebay when we needed extra memory. I would at least buy one extra controller and maybe a head set because talking to people through the kinect sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)