Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you pay for this? *added more pics*

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:00 PM
  • 66 Replies
1 mom liked this

this is a wedding cake i made two weekends ago...

she only asked for it to feed 80, so thats what i based my price on. i charged her 2.50 a serving so 200.00 is what she was charged. i made the cake a bit bigger (it looked better that way) it ended up feeding 100.

i'm just having a hard time pricing my cakes! sometimes i feel i charge too much, and other times i feel i get the short end of the stick! lol

i'm adding more pics for more advice!

i charged 40.00 for this.... all decorations are edible and made by hand

charged 35.00 all edible

charged 75.00 i know thats low lol all is edible and made by hand

i painted the back of the flames after i took the pic!

four tiers fed 300 charged 400.00

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvinmy3babes
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM
I have no idea about cake prices but it beautiful....<3 it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5tyli5hLensT
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Im not sure. $200 sounds a bit high but Idk. The cake is cute though. 

christina0607
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM

What are the pumpkins? If they're plastic and the leaves are plastic, then I think it's to much. If it's all gum paste and hand made, yes I think it's worth it.

BraxtonsMom07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM

i made them....the only thing plastic is the "E" and the only reason it's on there is b/c the bride wanted it there... lol

Quoting christina0607:

What are the pumpkins? If they're plastic and the leaves are plastic, then I think it's to much. If it's all gum paste and hand made, yes I think it's worth it.

christina0607
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Oh I would expect a topper to be metal(probably not plastic, but thats the buyers choice.).

Yes that cake is certainly worth $200 then.

Quoting BraxtonsMom07:

i made them....the only thing plastic is the "E" and the only reason it's on there is b/c the bride wanted it there... lol

Quoting christina0607:

One Big Ass Mistake America

BraxtonsMom07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:09 PM

i know..... i think she bought it online?!?!

thanks for your input!

Quoting christina0607:

Oh I would expect a topper to be metal(probably not plastic, but thats the buyers choice.).

Yes that cake is certainly worth $200 then.

Quoting BraxtonsMom07:

Quoting christina0607:

NCmommie1012
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:13 PM
200 sounds a bit high but you put a lot of great work into it so that makes it ok!! Great cake!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraxtonsMom07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM

what do you think i should've charged her? Thanks for your input! :)

Mommytoaangel
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:17 PM

2.50 a serving sounds good so 200 is right on i would pay 200 for that i went to a bakery for mine an it was smaller an 100 so sounds bought right

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Idk, I think that sounds ok.  Also, a metal topper would have been too heavy and could have toppled off the cake. My friend's cake topper did that so I spent the few minutes pre-ceremony trying to glue it back together and then trying to get icing off my boob/dress. :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)