Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice needed about my son...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son lately as been getting in a lot of trouble at his school. He is in his second year of PreK. We moved out of state and his birthday didn't meet the kindergarten cutoff date. He is very board, but I only send him so we will stay active and have kids to be with 3 hours a day. I have had a few issues before with him being a bit stubborn but nothing crazy. Well in the past week I have had 3 reports of violence. One was scratching a child, another was hitting in the stomach and today he got mad a little girl and took her glasses and bent them! My son as never acted like this! He is not this angry at home and never very shows this much anger with me. 

Today I asked him why this is going on, he said people kids pick on him and he don't like to be around all those people. (Note: I do not like the teachers aid because she has talked about my son to me in front of other students and parents.) Ever since that happen he has been coming home with terrible reports. This week I have got one great day. Tuesday was a ok day and today, well was terrible! 

He is my only child and I don't know what to do. I am hurt because I think he is being picked on, but then again there has to something else behind this anger. I don't know, I am just looking for advice. Anything will be great. Please no bashing, just need advice. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
comf
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:37 PM
I would get a meeting with the dean and teachers, and possibly try to get him in a new class
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3pippings
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Maybe he acts like that because of the moving? 

Lisse_2006
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Quoting 3pippings:

We moved last March. He says that is happy where we live. But sometimes I think it was to much for him. We moved from MI to FL. So it was a huge move for all of us. I dont know how to tackle this problem.

supermumof3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:44 PM

He sounds frustrated to me. You need to meet with the teacher and find out whats going on that is making him so upset. How do you guys deal with your own anger issues at home ? And maybe go over some skills he can try and do instead of breaking and yelling and scratching instead of. Then again. I would recommend a reward system for everyday he comes home with no bad reports and do something fun with you. Ask him for his input on what he would like to go and do. Chuckie cheese, lunch,. go carts.. and base it on how he handles things.

Lisse_2006
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Quoting supermumof3:

He sounds frustrated to me. You need to meet with the teacher and find out whats going on that is making him so upset. How do you guys deal with your own anger issues at home ? And maybe go over some skills he can try and do instead of breaking and yelling and scratching instead of. Then again. I would recommend a reward system for everyday he comes home with no bad reports and do something fun with you. Ask him for his input on what he would like to go and do. Chuckie cheese, lunch,. go carts.. and base it on how he handles things.

Thank you for advice!

3pippings
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Quoting Lisse_2006:

Quoting 3pippings:

We moved last March. He says that is happy where we live. But sometimes I think it was to much for him. We moved from MI to FL. So it was a huge move for all of us. I dont know how to tackle this problem.

Can he express well? I mean if he's able to express his feeling maybe you could have a little chat with him. Just cassualy mentioned what happened at school. 

We moved when my eldest was at your son's age. At home he's happy but sometimes he said that he missed his old classmates. And at school he was 'in his world' as in not paying attention to his teacher. Took him almost a year to really adopt his new school and finally 'letting go' his old friends.

Lisse_2006
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM
I believe that is what it is. He was at his last school for two years. He had been with the same kids everyday and had Two that were very close to him. He hasn't really made a friend yet that he talks to too. I don't really know any of the other moms either. Before I was close friends with his best friends parents. Honestly the moms at his new school I don't see me being to close to. Most seem very snobby. I just want my happy n nice boy back. Since he has been home he has been fine.

Quoting 3pippings:

Quoting Lisse_2006:

Quoting 3pippings:

Can he express well? I mean if he's able to express his feeling maybe you could have a little chat with him. Just cassualy mentioned what happened at school. 

We moved when my eldest was at your son's age. At home he's happy but sometimes he said that he missed his old classmates. And at school he was 'in his world' as in not paying attention to his teacher. Took him almost a year to really adopt his new school and finally 'letting go' his old friends.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)