Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone REALLY happy for anyone else anymore?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:47 PM
  • 34 Replies

I made a post in another group about how I am FINALLY overcomming my depression and PTSD from my sons death and how I'm doing it by my own positive choices and actions and not medication. I feel like the last month for once in 7 months I am not letting my life get swallowed up by constant sadness and pain.

Why on earth would someone try to bring me down for saying that?

If I was upset,I could get 100 hugs,100 people or more saying sorry but when I feel like Iv'e made a breakthrough...nothing.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I am glad you are doing better!  On toward more sunshiney days!

LuvablemomD
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I am sorry you had to go through that sweetie.Misery loves company.I doubt anyone is happy for anyone these days,if so it is rare.

eve210
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM
I'm very happy for you. I can't imagine how hard it is to overcome something like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermumof3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Im happy for you, you owe it to yourself to keep moving forward. Sorry to hear about your hardships. You need better support than just fake internet friends. :)

Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Thats true I guess.

Quoting LuvablemomD:

I am sorry sweetie.Misery love company.

-Texas-Mommy-

I am happy for you!

ta2dirishlass
2 moms liked this

Poop on someone trying to bring you down for that. Keep up the good work!!!!

LuvCoopins
1 mom liked this

I'm happy for you... I think it's great that you are getting better... it takes a strong person to fight through those kinds of feelings. Depression and PTSD are scary and not easy things to deal with. Keep up the good work and I hope you continue to feel better with each passing day. I'm sorry to hear about your son.

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:51 PM

First, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I didn't know.  My heart goes out to you.

Second, I think it's fantastic that you're getting through this, in a natural way, and on your own.  Why someone would want to bring you down is beyond me.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

sissyboogs
by Katie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:51 PM

First, I'm sorry for the loss of your son. I can't even imagine how that would feel.

But, I'm very happy that you are finding a way to move past the depression, and I hope that you continue on a happier path.

I'm sorry that people felt the need to be cruel to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)