Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morally wrong?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:59 PM
  • 14 Replies
Do you think that women that do fertility treatments when there are so many kids that are up for adoption are morally wrong? There are women that have 4,5,6 and even 8 kids in 1 pregnacy. Do you think they should adopt a child instead? The women that do have multiples from fertility treatments, do think they are wrong for puting so many babies through countless health problems from being 1 of 4 or more? Opinions? Disscuss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

There is nothing wrong with a woman wanting to have her own biological children through whatever means necessary. Someone trying to get pregnant has nothing to do with another persons child being up for adoption.

Ladywithtwo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's morally wrong.

I do think the doctors & parents that implant 8 embryo's are morally wrong though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avi_nevaeh_mama
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I think adoption is wonderful. But I can understand wanting a child of your own. I would not bash a woman for choosing to try fertility treatments instead of adoption. Is adoption great? Absolutly. But I don't think it makes a woman "morally wrong" because she wants to experience child birth and have her own baby.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Ehhhhhhhh!OP!You KNEW I was going to do this.Anyone who is fine with it should not be against abortion ,imo.I am fine with it by the way.I think the best way to get these kids adopted out is to open up gay adoption and be more lenient on single parent and interracial adoption!
LiesLiesLies
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:07 PM

No.

They are no more wrong than people who continue to conceive children naturally.

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its none of my buisness.

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Crazy Chris on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ejbljb
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM
No, I don't think it's wrong. I would want to try to a biological child. I do think it's wrong to implant any more than 3 embryos at one time...like the ones you were talking about.
squigglylines
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I think if people had to jump through fewer hoops to adopt they'd choose that path more often

mom2_3blessings
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Some people can not cope with raising a child not biologically theirs ... If they have the money to do it then so be it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)