Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do we deserve happiness?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM
  • 16 Replies

I think we, as a species, have an obsession with happiness and the pursuit of it causes more misery than actual hardship. 

We have it ingrained in our heads that we must be happy all the time and, when we aren't, there must be something innately wrong with us. We fill that hole with many different things: drugs, consumerism, a higher being.

We fulfill our whims hoping that it will bring about some happiness...but we find that soon it wears off and we are back at the beginning. 

*Just musing

Photobucket

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickersDaisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Naegore
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM
I whole-heartedly agree with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Everyone deserves a chance to experience happiness.  Many do not know how to gain it w/o going down the destructive ways you mentioned other than the higher being.

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I have found that not a lot of people are content with what they have.  No matter how much or how little it is.  They're always wanting more.  They're always coveting what others have.  It's okay to want things and it's okay to have those things, but the constant wanting for more is where that unhappiness comes from.  You won't want so much once you're truly happy with what you already have.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

HouseofFeast
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Do you think that sometimes the pursuit of a higher being could be destructive?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Everyone deserves a chance to experience happiness.  Many do not know how to gain it w/o going down the destructive ways you mentioned other than the higher being.

Photobucket

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickersDaisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

kaysha
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM
to a point, yes. but the human race never seems satisified with what we have... there always has to be bigger/beter/more... and yes i think that happiness falls in this catagory as well. its sad really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angel.Eyes.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Happiness is a choice! Regardless of the circumstances set before you.

I wrote this in reply to a different post, but it's still fitting to this:

It's in the deceptions of your own mind... negative thinking leads you on the highway road to hell. You can create hell in your own mind or a peaceful heaven. By taking charge of your life though the choices that you make put's you in the driver's seat, back at the helm of power to create your life as you wish.

Love in action is what makes happiness, only love has the ability to put you in a state of bliss. Love is the giver of inner peace. Love changes your perception on everything.

I believe my Creator (Jeremiah 29:11) I walk forward in certainty that my life is secure.

HouseofFeast
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM

It's natural to feel upset. It's natural to get down and it's healthy.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

It's in the deceptions of your own mind... negative thinking leads you on the highway road to hell. You can create hell in your own mind or a peaceful heaven. By taking charge of your life though the choices that you make put's you in the driver's seat, back at the helm of power to create your life as you wish.

Love in action is what makes happiness, only love has the ability to put you in a state of bliss. Love is the giver of inner peace. Love changes your perception on everything.

Photobucket

.Angel.Eyes.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM

In this life we are not suppose to feel complete satisfaction. So of course people never seem fully satisfied on earth. We are to be thankful for all that we do have ....

Quoting kaysha:

to a point, yes. but the human race never seems satisified with what we have... there always has to be bigger/beter/more... and yes i think that happiness falls in this catagory as well. its sad really.

I believe my Creator (Jeremiah 29:11) I walk forward in certainty that my life is secure.

.Angel.Eyes.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Yes, it absolutely is, absolutely!!

Quoting HouseofFeast:

It's natural to feel upset. It's natural to get down and it's healthy.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

HouseofFeast
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:34 PM

No. No preaching to my repliers! Bad, AE, BAD!

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

In this life we are not suppose to feel complete satisfaction. So of course people never seem fully satisfied on earth. We are to be thankful for all that we do have ....

Quoting kaysha:

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)