Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Only Child Question

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM
  • 16 Replies
Did you like or hate being an only child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I am not an only child but i am the only girl and i hated it growing up.  I always wished for an older sister or younger one .

cypris420
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I was so lonely.  I didn't like it at all. Technically I'm not an only child, but my half-brother was born when I was 13 and I never lived with my half-sister.  We're really close now, but when I was little it wasn't much fun alone.

Autumn19
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:03 PM
All i had was a twin sister growing up and i hated it. We were treated as a single unit not individuals we had to dress alike alot of times until we were in 6th grade. We were always refuered to as the twins instead of by our names. Birthdays and holidays we always had to have the same present just diff colors. We never got to express ourselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Hate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marilyn623
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM

BUMP!

Shaylyn318
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM

I hate it.

.Pagan.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM

we are having an only. for those looking at that possibility there was a great article in time magazine about it. it helps shed light on all those old myths people still like to say.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2002530,00.html

cnm5381no2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:10 PM
I liked it. I never had to compete. If I was lonely I called a friend. The only thing I didn't like is if I did something wrong there was no one else to blame. I wanted only one child so I didn't have anymore until my son was 6. He now has two sisters that are 4&5 and he is 11 he wants them to go sleep out when his friends come sleepover for his birthday in 2 weeks. He really doesn't like them. They are constantly fighting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM

well i grew up in a small town with just about all of my cousins so while I was an only child I didn't really feel like it. I have 3 first cousins I grew up with on my mom's side. one is 7 years older then me, I am the second, my next cousin is 3 years younger then me, and then the last one is 6 years younger. Then I had about 10 othe cousins that feel in the same age range. the only time there was a real difference was the holidays and when I got in trouble....

PEEK05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I was not an only child. Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)