Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice Please

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok first off if you don't have anything nice to say about 2nd hand clothes or buying fron yardsales keep it to yourself. (Rude comments in a different post)

Anyways...Last week I posted on a yardsale site looking for 12 mos winter clothes. Today I met the lady that said she had a large black bag full of boys 12 mos winter clothes ($40). She also had a separate bag of jackets that she was wanting to sell me separately. I had a doc appt for my 9 mos old. She opens the bag and I look thru the top couple layers and everything is 12 mos. I paid her and left. 

I just now went thru the bag of clothes and I only got 5 prs of pants and about 10 shirts. The rest of the stuff was 18-24 mos and 2t clothes. I know, I should have looked thru everything right then but I had to get to the docs.

So do I contact her and tell her to take her clothes back and give me my money back??? or Tell her to take the bigger clothes back and give me half my money back???

What would you moms do??

Thanks for reading

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

I would keep it figuring that I would use it eventually.

PandaKat
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM

That's a tough one. ....  you should try to contact her, but there is no telling how she is going to react.  I guess see how she reacts to you questioning it.  It may have just been a mistake.  BUT.. you never know.

Dorra
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

I don't plan on having anymore children and by the time he gets 18mos it will be the wrong season. 

Quoting JulyBabies:

I would keep it figuring that I would use it eventually.

suppleupagus
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Im wondering if the 18-24 mos might be sized smaller and would fit now anyway and maybe thats why it was all grouped together in the bag
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I donate them.. you know pay it forward

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM

i'd check to see if they fit him. sometimes DS is in smaller clothes, other times, he needs bigger clothes.

if you decide you dont want them, you can ask for the money/clothes exchange, or re=post it asking for some of what you paid.

batsbelfry
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Honestly I would keep them and use them as he grows into them. Most of the time the sizes on clothes differ from brand name to brand name so some stuff that say 18 mos. may fit a 12 mos old just fine...

If it really bothers you though then just give her a call.  Tell her you were under the impression that all of the clothes would be 12 mos. and that since they are not you'd like to give back what you can't use and negotiate a price (before you call her).

momof52011
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I'd see if they were the same size perhaps but just were small? I sell a lot of clothes and half of them aren't the right size. Also if some are 2T and big they may first next winter.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

PEEK05

I would definitely be calling her and arranging something. Good luck.

momma-flynn

If they'll be the wrong season, donate or resell them.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)