Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did you have scar tissue?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

Went to my appointment today and doctor checked my cervix. I am 1 centimeter and 50%.

She said she felt scar tissue from a previous procedure. She said the scar tissue would effect this pregnancy in that it would be hard to tear but when it does rip I should dialate very quickly. I should get my epidural as soon as i can because it might happen so fast that i wont be able to get it other wise. Also to have my bags packed if she had to guess i only have 2-3 weeks left.

Anyone else have scar tissue on there cervix? How did it affect your labor?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I have a lot of it and that is why I cannot have a baby natural anymore .I do not dialate!

BABmama08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM

She said it would seem as though i'm not dilating but i am and it'll happen very quickly.

makes me nervous

Quoting laranadtony:

I have a lot of it and that is why I cannot have a baby natural anymore .I do not dialate!

amyrw
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:05 PM
That sounds painful! And I don't think I have scar tissue...but then again I haven't had a reason for anyone to be feeling around or looking around up there since I've had my son. I get my paps yearly but they've never said anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashandmasysmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM
I have scar tissue. Because of it I do not dialate until my contractions are through the roof painful. I had to be induced with my last two because of it. But once my contractions are super bad and my water has been broken I go quick. My middle dd I went from 0 centimeters to 10 in 45 minutes and about the same with my son who was my last baby. But with a lot of scar tissue it can make you not dialate at all so be prepared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BABmama08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM

well im 1 cent and 50% effaced and i've been having contractings so now im nervous. I never felt a through the roof contraction. with my son i got an epidural at 3 centimeters. ahhh!

Quoting ashandmasysmom:

I have scar tissue. Because of it I do not dialate until my contractions are through the roof painful. I had to be induced with my last two because of it. But once my contractions are super bad and my water has been broken I go quick. My middle dd I went from 0 centimeters to 10 in 45 minutes and about the same with my son who was my last baby. But with a lot of scar tissue it can make you not dialate at all so be prepared.

BABmama08
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:06 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)