• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ipod help?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:10 PM
  • 1 Replies

I recently bought a new computer and had the store transfer all our stuff from the old one to the new one. I went to charge my ipod and it did something and wants to erase and sync, but for some  reason the account has my whole family's music on it now not just mine. I just want my music not wiggles and my dh's old crap. Does anyone know what happened and how i can separate it like it was? The old computer had 3 ipod user accts on it for 3 different ipods. Mine, dd's and dh. When i plugged in my ipod it set up a whole new acct and found all the music from everywhere on the computer and crammed it all onto my acct. and everytime i plug in my ipod it wants to erase what's on my ipod and replace it with ALL that's on the acct. Help.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Put the music you want on your iPod into a separate folder in iTunes.  Make a new playlist and add whatever songs you want in there.  Then sync your iPod.  It'll go through the whole thing.  After it's done, go to your iPod in "Devices" and in the Music tab, select the one playlist that you made for you as the music to only have on the iPod.  If you want, go through all of the tabs to choose what you do or don't want on there.  Then resync or it may say "apply" to get what you want on there.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)