• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cooking mamas!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm in a recipe rut. Care to share your favorite or go to recipe? I'm looking for weeknight stuff so nothing that takes more than around an hour from start to finish.

I also LOVE appetizers so if you have a fave please share!

Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosaleeandtwo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I have lots of recipes on my blog, some are more time consuming, some are less

http://cookinwithsuperpickle.blogspot.com/

rosaleeandtwo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Thank you!

Quoting SuperPickle:

I have lots of recipes on my blog, some are more time consuming, some are less

http://cookinwithsuperpickle.blogspot.com/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Check out foodonthetable.com. They have some really good ones!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjfamily
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Check out pioneer woman food blog. She has amazing recipes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbitcrazed
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Hi there! I can give you a few weeknight ideas and I too love appetizers. You should post in Dinner Ideas--great group of gals there with loads of advice and recipes!    Tell me a few of your favorite things to eat/cook, what you make the most often, etc. and I am sure that the recipes will come spilling out!

CayShek
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:54 PM
Lately I have been into making pizzas! I either buy the crust already made or make them on wheat tortillas (crispier, less carbs/cals but can be flimsy for little ones). Mini crusts are best for picky families so you can make multiple kinds!
I usually bake them for a few mins before adding toppings to make them a little crispy. I put any kinds of ingredients...Alfredo instead of pizza sauce...etc! I've been making new pizza combos once a week & my hubby loves it! Pairs well with steamed veggies & salad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BandKLmama
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
patricksmom4604
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I make a good boneless bbq rib dinner. It takes about an hour start to finish..maybe even less if you skip the one step. I preheat the oven to 425 degrees. I season the ribs and then sear them in a pan with just a little olive oil. I put bbq sauce in the bottom of a baking dish..just enough to coat it. Then I add the ribs. You don't have to brown the meat..it just sears in the juices a little more. I pour bbq sauce over the top of the ribs cover them with foild and bake for about 45 minutes. Usually with this dinner I make baked potatoes as well. I rub a little olive oil on the potatoes, sprinkle some sea salt on them and then put them directly on the oven rack in front of the pan of ribs. Cook them the same amout of time. The skins of the potatoes get crispy and taste DELICIOUS!! Then I steam a veggie of some sort to go with it. We don't do this meal often because it's not the healthiest, but it's something different every now and then and it's soooo simple. Not a whole lot of prep work.

rosaleeandtwo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:11 PM
That sounds amazing! I will definitely be trying that...I've always been a bit intimidated of ribs but you make it sound really easy!

Quoting patricksmom4604:

I make a good boneless bbq rib dinner. It takes about an hour start to finish..maybe even less if you skip the one step. I preheat the oven to 425 degrees. I season the ribs and then sear them in a pan with just a little olive oil. I put bbq sauce in the bottom of a baking dish..just enough to coat it. Then I add the ribs. You don't have to brown the meat..it just sears in the juices a little more. I pour bbq sauce over the top of the ribs cover them with foild and bake for about 45 minutes. Usually with this dinner I make baked potatoes as well. I rub a little olive oil on the potatoes, sprinkle some sea salt on them and then put them directly on the oven rack in front of the pan of ribs. Cook them the same amout of time. The skins of the potatoes get crispy and taste DELICIOUS!! Then I steam a veggie of some sort to go with it. We don't do this meal often because it's not the healthiest, but it's something different every now and then and it's soooo simple. Not a whole lot of prep work.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)