Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD? *Edit* Thank you!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: Which would you use

Options:

Each a twin bed

bunk beds

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

So we live in a two bedroom duplex so my boys 3(will be 4 next month)year old and 2 and a half year old share a room. We have been talking about losing the toddler beds. Our rooms here are fairly small so I don't know how well 2 twin beds would fit, might be pretty darn snug. Anyways, I have been debating whether I should get them each a twin bed, get one bed for now and stick them both in it, or bunk beds. What do ya'll ladies think would be best?

Thank you for opinions. I like the twin bed with trundle idea, I had no idea the name of them just know people that have them. It's just really crammed in their room and trying to eliminate some space. Along with that they have been sleeping in one toddler bed together for what reason, I have no clue. I just know by the time they fall asleep they are usually in Noah's bed. Bunk beds sound really scary to me considering their ages plus that amount of times they manage to get hurt. Noah is a take two steps and then "bam!" he's fallen. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilbitcrazed
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Are the toddler beds daybed style? Or are the kids outgrowing the toddler beds? I would keep them in the toddler beds as long as I could.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM

My girls have a small room and have a bunk bed, they love it!

I would advise against only buying one bed and having them share, they really should each have their own space to sleep in.

thelimeade
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:27 PM
i would say bunk beds as long as the oldest is able to stay in the top one without falling out n can get up n down with no problem..it would just make more room for them to be able to play

<3 Tiffany

Kassie1990

They are just regular old toddler beds. Just curious why you would recommend leaving them in toddler beds as long as possible?

Quoting lilbitcrazed:

Are the toddler beds daybed style? Or are the kids outgrowing the toddler beds? I would keep them in the toddler beds as long as I could.

britewhitelite

Kids love bunk beds!

Tea_4_me_please
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I'd do bunk beds that can be two single beds for now then bunk beds when they are older or a twin with a trundle.

slpydpy6
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM

My 4 and 3 year old have bunkbeds.  We got the kind that has a built in desk and dresser to save on space so that they would still have room to play.

Kassie1990
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM

That was my thought but then I have to take in account to my clutsy (sp?) 2 year old and the fact neither of them have any fear. Plus the ceiling fan worries me. I guess I could take that down and switch it with my light in our bedroom (which the fan got jacked before we moved in). Especially since we use a fan and they don't.

Quoting JulyBabies:

My girls have a small room and have a bunk bed, they love it!

I would advise against only buying one bed and having them share, they really should each have their own space to sleep in.

Also a lot of my problem is that they are squeezing into my youngests' bed for reasons, I have no clue. I think it has to do with their "monster knocking on the wall" fears. IDK imaginations thay have great ones.

Tatum2U
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:30 PM

twin bed and a trundle..

batsbelfry
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:30 PM

My girls have bunk beds that can be separate beds if we want them to be.  They like them and they have more room to play.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)