Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Water Breaking?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

Now I have been told that when your water breaks that it don't always gush out all crazy that some times it just slowly leaks out over a couple days or hours.

Now my question is, is there anyway to tell its your "Water" breaking? like is there a smell or something? I have been kinda leaking everytime I cough or sneeze and i heard that it could be bad if i am leaking "water" n dont get help so please some one give me some advice. I have had a "Leaking" problem since I was 5 months preggo so I dsont wanna make the trip to the hospital if it's not my water leaking.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easternwamom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:46 PM

When my water broke, I knew it.  It gushed and felt like I was peeing, only I had absolutely no control over it.  How far along are you?  I could just be the weight on your bladder.  Later in my pregnancies when I would cough or sneeze, sometimes I would pee a little.  Really sucked!

ejbljb
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM
Mine leaked all day and I didn't even realize it until my dd was born and they said there was no fluid left. I've heard that you should lay down for half an hour and let the fluid pool. Stand up and see if it leaks right out, then you know it's amniotic fluid. If in doubt, you should call.
Crissy1213
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM
It smells sweet kinda like almonds. Also you'll leak more laying down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NewMommy201125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I am 9 months along.

sissyboogs
by Katie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I've heard people say it has sort of a sweet smell, and I've heard others say it's more of a bleachy smell. When mine broke, there was no smell.

I felt something sort of "give" and then a small gush of water. I knew I didn't pee myself because I was actually in the bathroom, pulling my pants up after peeing when it happened. By the time I got to the hospital, I was soaked clear through.

NewMommy201125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM

See I am just worried that it will do it while I am peeing that another reason why I asked

Mamacruz13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:52 PM

hehehehe you are totally peeing on yourself...

britewhitelite
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Quoting ejbljb:

Mine leaked all day and I didn't even realize it until my dd was born and they said there was no fluid left. I've heard that you should lay down for half an hour and let the fluid pool. Stand up and see if it leaks right out, then you know it's amniotic fluid. If in doubt, you should call.

This.

Are you having contractions?  Mine gushed out harder when I contracted (sounds gross, sorry for the TMI).

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Does it smell like pee?

NewMommy201125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

No it has no smell at all, and I am not sure if i am having contractons i am having pain down there but it not like killing me pain just small pinching pains

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)