Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

o.O glad i listened to my body

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM
  • 17 Replies
so i got the paragard in august. the first week was a dream. Then started the bleeding and clots. I waited it out... And waited it out... For 3 months. I bled everyday for 3 months. I had multiple u/s to check placement. one discovered i developed cysts. I went to get it removed today, things felt off. A type of heaviness. The iud was poking out of my cervix. O.O Im so glad i listened to my body. So now im on yaz to help the cysts and stop the bleeding. i hope it stops in a couple of days. I have... Um... Plans. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sheryllinn
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM

eeeekk . sounds terrible! im glad i got fixed, lol.  Hope you feel better!

Sharrison92
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

lol "I have... Um... Plans. Lol."

Hope things look up! I refuse to go on any BC that isnt a pill because of things like that!

southern.momof2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:52 PM
Oh that sounds horrible! Hope it stops soon so you can do.....you know..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:52 PM
The bleeding never hurt though. Once a month id get cramps for 2 days. I guess my uterus just did not like it. :( i liked the easiness of the iud. No more bloody sex!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:54 PM
Yes. Ive been trying to hold out for these plans. Im newly single (about 2 weeks) but im gonna throw in the chastity towel. Bowchickbowwow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britewhitelite
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:55 PM

That sounds like it was awful.

MeghanPerez
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I had the Mirena for 3 1/2 years. I bled the first 3 months I had it as well, but my doctor assured me it was normal. I had terrible cramps every single time I had sex - and they were always on my right side. The doctor never found cysts, though. I decided to get it removed a year ago. I will "suffer" with a monthly period just so I never have those awful cramps again! =)

Quoting Groove:

The bleeding never hurt though. Once a month id get cramps for 2 days. I guess my uterus just did not like it. :( i liked the easiness of the iud. No more bloody sex!!!

Groove
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM
bump... Anyone else have iud horror stories?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lakissakay
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Aaaah! Glad you got it figured out! 

MamaJAG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Sorry you had to go through that.  I have had the Paragard for 1.5 years now.  Love it. No issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)