Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone visited Ireland?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

Or maybe is from there?

My husband and I are planning a trip for next year, but we are not sure what to do. Do we just pick one city and see all it has to offer (if so, which one is best)? Do we do a tour? Should we visit 2-3 places? Is it better to book through an agency or do it all on my own? What is a MUST see/do?

Thank you for any suggestions! 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
canelamami
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:38 PM
I've never been, but maybe book thru an agency. They may have packages available! Sound like fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:39 PM

We are going in February.  Adventures by Disney!  I cannot wait!

Shaylyn318
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM

No but I want to.

matofour
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM
Yes we have family there and spent about six weeks there.
The country is SMALL!!! My advice, we never had any trouble finding a bed and breakfast, they seemed to be on every corner. Rent a car, make a plan and drive around and just stay in bed and breakfasts. How long are you staying? You could see most of the country in not that long.
We love blarney castle, and not just the castle, the grounds are amazing.
Killarney is amazing, we loved the berens. That was probably my favorite, cliffs of mohr. It's just an amazing place.
Rent a car, see as much as you can. It's not large, you can see so much in a short amount of time because the distance is not too far between places.
We also loved the Waterford section, and spent a bundle there. Plus you are so close to the coast in most areas, and their coast line is breathtaking!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:48 PM

We are probably going to be staying 7-10 days (depending on when my husband gets leave). There is so much I want to see!!

Quoting matofour:

Yes we have family there and spent about six weeks there.
The country is SMALL!!! My advice, we never had any trouble finding a bed and breakfast, they seemed to be on every corner. Rent a car, make a plan and drive around and just stay in bed and breakfasts. How long are you staying? You could see most of the country in not that long.
We love blarney castle, and not just the castle, the grounds are amazing.
Killarney is amazing, we loved the berens. That was probably my favorite, cliffs of mohr. It's just an amazing place.
Rent a car, see as much as you can. It's not large, you can see so much in a short amount of time because the distance is not too far between places.
We also loved the Waterford section, and spent a bundle there. Plus you are so close to the coast in most areas, and their coast line is breathtaking!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)